Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car choking BAD GAS! OR air filter may be cogged.

car choking?

rev is between 450RPM and 750RPM idle rapidly. sound is like chug chug .

after filling up at arco/BP gas station.

since it did start happing after I filled up. :gaah:

I going to go down there and complain .
Also having issues with filling it up as well after going there. takes 2-3 tries now before it fills up (premature click off)

$65 worth of garbage gas in the tank :gaah:

I going to sue them for damage to the car if i need to.

willing to bet the fuel filter is cogged.

OR

air filter may be cogged.

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Lol... Suing a company over bad gas. The American way.
gas stations are legally responsible for any "bad" gas and have to pay for tow and repairs.

I think it does have something to do with the air intake system since I do hear a vacuum leak in the engine bay.

still does not explain for the filling up the gas issue. I mean I should not have to go to 4 different pumps to filler up.

all of this started at that gas station.

this gas station has the new EPA vacuum to remove gas fumes from going into the atmosphere (I could care less about the atmosphere that is why I drive a gas guzzler)

this vacuum thing may have caused the damage :WTF:

looks like the one in the photo. The one I'm talking about

It was causing a very high amount of pressure inside the gas tank. When using that type it felt like it was going to pop out and squirt gas everywhere.

I think it did cause some internal damage to it. I never had this issue on the older pump types.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
This issue can arise for everyone. I have had the issue as well as many people on this forum. It's unlikely we all have the same factors present.

Lastly, a car that can push 32mpg is not a gas guzzler ;)

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
There is a date stamped on the pump handles saying when they need to be replaced by, I find that every time I have trouble with one, they are way past that date, so I report them and get it fixed! But if you are having that problem everywhere, you probably have a clog in your EVAP system. I'm a tad confused by the gas guzzler comment as well, what kind of mileage does a car need to get to not be a "gas guzzler"?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
My car isn't a gas guzzler?

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
2nd that!

if you didnt pay a gas guzzler tax then your car isnt a gas guzzler.
Not necessarily. The gas guzzler tax is on new cars not old. There are plenty of people driving monster v8's and are happy to do so w/o paying the tax.

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This issue can arise for everyone. I have had the issue as well as many people on this forum. It's unlikely we all have the same factors present.

only getting 22 or 23 highway that was before getting the torque converter fixed.

and 17 city is crap too since it should be 22 since it's mostly highway speeds here

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
So you say you hear a vacuum leak? Have you found it?

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
So you say you hear a vacuum leak? Have you found it?
nope.

heres a actual video though

DSCN2259 - YouTube

last night I did make it home ok but I did have to keep it at 1k rpm so it would not stall at a traffic light..

I did turn on the air and other devices so it would add some load to prevent stalling .

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
What do you mean nope? No vacuum leak or you haven't found it? A simple nope is NOT going to get you any help.

I think it does have something to do with the air intake system since I do hear a vacuum leak in the engine bay.
So.. A vacuum leak or nope :giggle:

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What do you mean nope? No vacuum leak or you haven't found it? A simple nope is NOT going to get you any help.

So.. A vacuum leak or nope :giggle:
had it checked out by my mechanic.

It was loose wire was causing a misfire on one cylinder.

$35 repair. he also checked the other connections as well..

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
So much for your GAS flame war!

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I would have taken it to the junk yard.
That is not going to solve any problems! Junk a $2k plus car for $200-300? You could get more than that for the just the tail-lights and cluster.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
No kidding. It's an SS isn't it? The motor would get up more than the junkyard would give you. I just don't think you have the patience for a used vehicle and the maintainance that will come with it.

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No kidding. It's an SS isn't it? The motor would get up more than the junkyard would give you. I just don't think you have the patience for a used vehicle and the maintainance that will come with it.
Started doing it again probably going to be too costly to fix. :dunno:

LS 3.8

I think my did have the body color tail lights , but I think it was removed at some point.

since the tail lights look brand new.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts