Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have a 2004 Pontiac Sunfire. Ever since I bought the car (used 6,000 miles) the car has pulled to the left. This gets really annoying when driving long trips (holding the steering wheel to the right a little bit).

I've had the car aligned 5 times in the period of a year... I recently went to a dealer and they supposedly fixed it but it still is pulling to the left. (They replaced the steering column, shocks, and whole front suspension (under Warranty)).

Any helps/hints? Many thanks in advance!
-Paul

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello,
I am a professional automotive technican (ASE master car & heavy truck certified). A pull condition can be caused by several things. Usally caster,tire pressure & radial pulls caused by tires are the most common reasons for a pull. On a pontiac sunfire caster is not adjustable so if the caster is out of specs something is probally bent. That might explain the vehicles low mileage, it may have been involved in a serious wreck. First make sure that the tire pressure is correct in all four tires then take the vehicle to a GM dealer and ask them to align the vehicle and rotate the tires front to rear. Make sure to ask them to give you a printout of the alignment specs before and after the alignment. Also ask them to check for bent components. I have seen the ball joints in the front suspension freeze up and not allow the steering to move freely this can also cause a pull.

Best of luck,
Ron

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have to say he hit the nail on the head.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts