Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just feel they were reaching, trying to make it look like a G8, i mean I love the g8 which I always thought was just a fullsize version of the newer GTOs, but this car needs alil less G8 alil more Imapla to be a Caprice. Don't get me wrong I like it, but for it to be a Caprice it should be alittle more similar to the Impala, but in the end that would just make it like the late 80s or from 96 on, where GM'll make one or the other because making both is alil pointless. But I love the Caprice, but this will need some tweaking for its next model year.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I don't think they were trying to make it look like anything. It's a Holden Commodore with a different grill. They needed a full size, rwd police car and the Holden fit the bill. People who buy police fleets could care less what it looks like, just how it works. Personally I like the way the dressed up Holden version looks, but a retro 65 Impala version of this platform would be way cooler.

·
Registered
26 Posts
To be honest I don't hate this car, I'd buy it. The only thing is it just seems odd that the caprice went from the impala's twin to a cheap revival of the G8/ nationlized Holden car. I guess its just the lack of model years for the past 16 years, to lead up to this new design to connect the dots. I think it would be better with more chrome trim, and i think the old caprice emblem should've been used on it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I know I'm a little late getting in on this thread, but saw one of these cop cars here in Charleston yesterday. That has the makings of a badass ride! I love the flared fenders and the true side vents. The pictures make it almost look a little "skinny" in the rear end, but on the road I didn't notice that. LOVE the 6.0 under the hood!! It needs a rear spoiler to balance out the look from the side. Can't wait to drive one of those when they're available to the public around here.

·
Super Moderator
18,501 Posts
I know I'm a little late getting in on this thread, but saw one of these cop cars here in Charleston yesterday. That has the makings of a badass ride! I love the flared fenders and the true side vents. The pictures make it almost look a little "skinny" in the rear end, but on the road I didn't notice that. LOVE the 6.0 under the hood!! It needs a rear spoiler to balance out the look from the side. Can't wait to drive one of those when they're available to the public around here.
Keep your eyes open for auctions around you. Also, look inot the auctions here, on this forum. Look under The ebay Caprice sales. I see them there a lot! Expensive, usually OVER 30k.....:bang:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Keep your eyes open for auctions around you. Also, look inot the auctions here, on this forum. Look under The ebay Caprice sales. I see them there a lot! Expensive, usually OVER 30k.....:bang:
Are those new or used that you're seeing? No way I'd pay $30K for a used cop car!! I was thinking along the lines of the civilian version...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Just for kicks, I googled it and from what I saw, they are still only selling them as new cars to law enforcement. Most of the new ones I saw were in the $30K-$33K range, depending on the options. I know there are probably quite a few people on this forum driving them, but I just couldn't make myself buy a used cop car after seeing the way they're treated around here.

·
Super Moderator
10,760 Posts
Im praying you get one Papa........... although having me on your side may be depramental :biggrin::devil:

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
Im praying you get one Papa........... although having me on your side may be depramental :biggrin::devil:
:lol:

Thanks Bones. I'll consider you my Lucky Rabbit's foot (Doesn't really do anything but it feels good to have it with you, although I wont be rubbing you).

·
Super Moderator
10,760 Posts
I'm good with that :giggle::giggle:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I saw one on the TV show "Touch" being used as a NYPD cruizer but was probably a movie car. I'm hoping Montana or Wyoming Higway patrol gets them. They keep their cars all black and auction them off at 80-100K. Wyoming I think is a bit harder on their cars, they might hot-seat them. Montana assigns them to a trooper and he takes it home and shuts it down when he's off. But Wyoming is already selling 2009 Chargers, Impalas, Tahoes, and Durangos so they get through them faster.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Not a fan of the front end or the front fender vents. They do sound sick and have some power to boot. Did they put those center caps on there so you can spot them better? How about the gigantic badge on the sides. Not very concealed if you ask me. The impala's that the local pd has are way harder to spot.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've had a hard on for these ever since I saw this photo of the Aussie version:
FYI Those cars are actually designed and built by Holden Australia, Chevy is just putting their badge/sticker on it :)

Same with the Pontiac G8, same car, just an earlier model. I'm waiting for the G8 to fall to around $10k to pick one up.

Also that pic appears to be of one taken in New Zealand judging by the plate on it and the car in background, oh and the United Video sign is a bit of a give away too ;)

21 - 40 of 53 Posts