SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this at HERDfest over the weekend

Attachments

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
damn, a sticker for the rear bowtie??? GM has fallen so far that we're back in the 90's and they're using stickers for emblems again???

Also, how awesome would it be if they gave you those door "shields" when you buy one!

They are pretty comparable in size to the b-bodies on paper, how big is it in real life??

That'd be sick if they were giving test drives that day! I've had a hard on for these ever since I saw this photo of the Aussie version:

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
The police variant up there looks great! Whats with the chromed centercaps on all Police Cars btw?

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
makes them feel special....pigs like that

these don't look all that polished though, so not sure if it's chrome or not, far better than the last like 50 years though, I like these way more then previous chrome police spec center caps

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Off-topic, but where there any 96 SS' for sale at the herdfest? lol

On-topic, those tips look like my 2.5s :D

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I thought it was an Impala.... Then I saw the caprice on the bottom left.

·
The Unscrupulous Lt. Colonel
1,077 Posts
I noticed that too in the background, pretty much made my day:lol:

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
I thought it was an Impala.... Then I saw the caprice on the bottom left.
I totally did the same thing, he posted that first photo in another thread and as I was watching it load top to bottom, I'm like, that dummy loaded the wrong photo....then I was like ooooooooh, I'm the dummy! :giggle:

I noticed that too in the background, pretty much made my day:lol:
He's talking about how in the first photo they look a lot like 8th Gens, not "The Home Wrecker" in the background of the fourth one haha

·
Cucky
662 Posts
You could definetly make it look super nice tho and more sporty. I like it. Did you happen to talk to anyone about what engine was in this one or anything?

·
Cucky
662 Posts
Yeah that's pretty sweet.i used to not like this, but it's kinda growing on me and now really starting to like it and want one. Do you know how much hp the 6.0 has?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yeah that's pretty sweet.i used to not like this, but it's kinda growing on me and now really starting to like it and want one. Do you know how much hp the 6.0 has?
I would assume pretty close to the G8 GT specs. 360ish hp

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
they are indeed the same specs as the G8 GT, save for maybe 1 or 2 hp and/or tq numbers, the caprice is a long wheelbase version of the G8 (3 inches longer)

·
Cucky
662 Posts
I can't wait for these things to be sold in the us. Saw a few clips of them on YouTube racing vettes, camaros and etc and they can run with them. Unless its not the same caprice but im pretty sure it is. Not to mention, they sound pretty damn sexy

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
Good looking car. I'll take 3 please.

·
Registered
465 Posts
found one today at Adamson Industries in Haverhill, MA
sticker on it was $32,380

·
Registered
431 Posts
My Dad apparently saw one here in Orlando the other day.

He wasn't pleased because it wasn't a full size Caprice.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Like he was upset it wasn't a tri 9? It is a full size car, it looks small to mebut its the commodore/ G8 frame or wheel base or whatever I beleieve

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Know what I love about this cappy tho? I love that my rear Windows have a curve but the cap Windows are pointy. Get it? Kinda cool

1 - 20 of 53 Posts