Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I painted one piece of the interior wood grain trim glossy black. It looks great but is a bit "bumpy". I wet-sanded with 2000 grit paper but all that did was smooth it nicely but it took off the gloss leaving scuff marks. So I re-painted it but won't go to the next step until I get some kindly advise on how to achieve that mirror finish. Or at least close to it. Thanks

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
good polish then buff it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Wet sand then buff, should work out for ya. It may take a few coats of polish to get it there but it will work.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
To be honest I wouldn't even mess with a clear coat on interior parts. Wet sand with 1k then 2k, clean, good polish and buff out. Use quality polish and nice rags/cloths.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
That shit will rub off. Clear coat wont hurt and it will yield a better finish product
Not if you wax after :eek:k3:

Agreed a clear coat would be a better choice but, I have always had problems with a clear coat esp on smaller pieces.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Good prep and patience will yield a better end result. Why not give it your best if your going the extra steps to paint it, you will be more satisfied in the end...

Reactions: tonyc712000
1 - 9 of 9 Posts