Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a curious question, i was wondering if a steering wheel outta of a 2004 Monte Carlo would fit my 2004 Impala LS Sport? i love my steering wheel but the ones in the Monte's in this year are soo much nicer then mine. not only that but the plastic on my buttons are starting to peel off and they look terrible and i really want my car to look nicer all the way around. from what i have been told there is really nothin i can do about the plastic peeling off my buttons. so any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
dont know if it will workm if you found the same gen MC it should work , but i dont know what (if anything) has changed electronics/harness wise between 7th gen and 8th gen. You may want to try www.moradpartscompany.com (Junkyard specializing in W-bodies) and see if they know if the swap is plug'n'play.

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can replace the individual push buttons in the steering wheel
can i really i was told that i could not that i would have to replace the whole unit. and i dont really want to do that. do you know where i can get the buttons from?

·
Registered
375 Posts
It is possible to swap. It has been done by a member (or two) from NAIOA.

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Whats your vin and which buttons do you need and I will tell you what the part numbers are and pricing.
if i told you that i wanted to order them, (not right now though, money is kinda tight) could u order them for me or tell me where you got them from and i can do it. also how hard are they to change out? becuase i will prolly do it myself and i dont want to damage anything if you know what i mean.

It is possible to swap. It has been done by a member (or two) from NAIOA.
so everything ended up hooking up correctly? i know my only problem is that i have the stereo buttons on mine as well and i would like to keep though. i will look further into seeing if i can get a hold of one and how much it would cost me to do it! thanks for the input it helps a lot!

·
Registered
416 Posts
All you have to do is go to a dealer and they can order the buttons for you. I dont know of anyone aftermarket that sells them right now. Like I said I can give you part numbers and prices that way you dont walk up to a parts counter and have them tell you that you cant get them individually.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I don't personally know if all the buttons remain functional. You should look into it further at the other forum.

As far as install goes, I don't know just how far you have to get into the steering column, but once you get into the clocksprings and stuff, I would say you're in over your head unless you have some specialized tools.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts