Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
On that video the fuel pump motor electrics does not come into contact with the fuel. I believe that the motor that was worn and failed was because of a manufacturing defect, not the fuel it was pumping.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
you lose about 42% of the power per gallon compared to gas - so guess what - you have to burn MORE OF IT! And NO, it does not cost 42% less.
That is one thing I have never understood, how that putting 10% in the fuel lowers 10% of the emissions. If you loose power which means you loose efficiency then I have to burn more fuel to get to my destination. So how did burning even more fuel actually help the air we breath, or my wallet?:confused:

And let's not start about how it can hurt older car engines.:mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
My parents have a flex fuel chevy van...my dad has alternated between E85 and 89 octane with 10% Ethonal. He says the van runs better and gets better gas mileage on the Ethonal. His gas mileage on E85 is only about 20 on the highway, and 24-25 with 10% Ethonal...he says it really isn't worth the price difference as you'll burn more fuel with E85. I think the only reason E85 is being produced is to help the environment; however, in my opinion...it is just a game, as more fuel will be used putting more toxins in the air.... doesn't make sense to me....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts