Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Impala/Caprice 4dr sedan? im thinking about getting a 1977-79 chevy impala/caprice 4dr sedan that may have its original engine, but Im going to spice it up! Paint it Indigo Blue metallic and put in a 2006 Vortec 5.3 engine in it. Will that affect anything since its a truckk engine?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I own a 77 Impala. I like your idea. I am not sure how it would fit, that is if it will just drop and mount up or if you will need to build a custom mount for it. I do have a question, just what do you intent to tow with this car, lol? Orginally the car could be ordered to be able to tow 6000 pounds. I have thought of getting a corvette engine and tranny for mine and tweaking them up a bit. It would be fun on light to light races, lol. On a serious note you will need to pull the entire computer harness and sensors, ect.from the doner truck and install them in the car you choose. Based on my car you may be able to hide the computer inside the panel below the glove box when you look up under the dash from the passenger side of the car. I have hidden wires to items that I have installed in mine up there. And don't forget the fuel pump. On the truck it is located in the fuel tank. You will need to get one that will mount into the cars fuel tank. For the orinal pump is on the engine. If you happen to find one with a in tank pump be sure that it puts out the required pressure for the new engine or you will have problems. Please let me know if you do this on how it turns out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts