Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...any adjustmentsthe? The rims are off a 2005 cadillac cts and i think the bolt pattern is 5x115 which matches my impala and i no theyll fit on an 04 impala but i want to know if i have to change anything like putting special rings on there or something

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Yeah 20s fit, and if the bolt pattern is correct they should fit. I'm not sure what the concern is here.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
All depends on your tire size.

I'm runnin 20's with a 225/25R20 tire and I had to put spacers on the back. Only needed 2mm to clear and I haven't had a problem since. Even now that my cars dropped on blown struts I haven't had any issues. Not even a rub at full steerin wheel turn.

Just cause they "fit" doesn't mean they fit correct. You may need hub centric rings for the rims so they the little lip sits on your hub instead of all the stress torque and turns being put on your wheel studs.

Can you run them without the rings an just on your studs? Sure you can I've done it for years but you will see a huge decrease in vibrations and it will be alot safer with the rings.

Also I'm pretty sure that caddy cts has a high positive offset but make sure the offset is gonna work with your car. I think out impalas are like +42mm but +35mm they will stick out more and +50 the wheels will be further in. I think without mods we can run +35mm to +45mm

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
What???? 225/25?? Is that even safe to drive on?

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
What???? 225/25?? Is that even safe to drive on?
Not here in MI it isn't. Potholes in the Summer.........snow in the winter......... I am guessing he has some winter rims anyway.

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
Me too that's why I removed them I was on 245/35/20. I bet he's stretching the s**t out of those tires, LOL.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
They were safe till i blew a rim and tire out on my way to work 5 days ago at 5am haha now i got different new rims and tires waiting to be mounted and balanced. my old ones have a xl load rating so they were pretty safe.

I got 18 rims this time around with a 235/50/18 tire:eek:k3:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I blew a 245/45/17 a couple weeks ago. It sucked.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Ouch

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Damn, hope we didn't jinx you....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts