Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an '02 Impala LS just about a month ago from independent dealer. Car drove and looked great. Soon discovered my rear defrost was broken and took it to the dealership for a fix.

Just got a call back on these items:

Front hub is loose: $510
Front rotors and pads: $480
Body Control Module: $495 (My dome lights won't stay on...all other electronics work)

Now I am going to an online parts store and I see a front hub for $122 and I am wondering if I am being taken advantage of?

I know the Body Control Module is GM-only, but I am just going to live with that broken dome-light for $500.

What can I expect to pay to get that front hub and the front rotors and pads replaced?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
The hub and brake prices should be about half that, but a lot of it could be the ridiculous dealer part prices. You can get the hub for the price you found, and labor should be an hour or so. Brake pads are about $60, and rotors $80-100 for both sides, labor should be less than an hour.

·
Registered
325 Posts
What he said.

Those sound pricy to me to but it has been forever since I have been to a dealer so who knows. Only thing I would add is that all parts aren't equal quality, you can get parts online or in a parts store but buy the quality part from them as well, not necessarily the cheapest.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Bought an '02 Impala LS just about a month ago from independent dealer. Car drove and looked great. Soon discovered my rear defrost was broken and took it to the dealership for a fix.

Just got a call back on these items:

Front hub is loose: $510
Front rotors and pads: $480
Body Control Module: $495 (My dome lights won't stay on...all other electronics work)

Now I am going to an online parts store and I see a front hub for $122 and I am wondering if I am being taken advantage of?

I know the Body Control Module is GM-only, but I am just going to live with that broken dome-light for $500.

What can I expect to pay to get that front hub and the front rotors and pads replaced?
amazon has the rotors for $66 a pair.

$25 for the Front Ceramic pads

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Yeah they must be a joke. Order the parts yourself and take it to a local mechanic shouldn't be more than $50 an hr and no more than 2.5 hrs for both front hubs and brakes.

For their prices you could do front hubs and brakes all the way around labor included for just the cost of the 1 hub job...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts