Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just negotiated a price for a 2008 Impala LT. The saleman came at me on Sunday with a bottom line price for his "cost" for the car. Came with the sheet and plopped it down in front of me. I asked why the price wasn't "Invoice". He said it was. But I saw it as Invoice plus "Destination Charges" and a couple others that may have been for advertising. Today I negotiated them away in a heartbeat. It was actually too easy. He dropped $1000.00 off. That's on top of a $2000 Rebate going on till Oct 1.

All of that makes me think that there is still room to move. How much more can I push this?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Sounds like they really want to push out their 2007 models. You can try to push them down until they are not willing to go any lower. If they want to make a sale, they will still probably offer any other previous offer they laid down on the table. After all the time invested trying to sell you the car, they won't just walk away if you try to get them to go even lower.

I had a friend that wanted to buy a used 2003 Yukon XL priced at about $24k. He was there for about 5 hours haggling them down to about $16k, he then wanted the truck for $16k out the door. That's where they wouldn't budge. He then gave them his cell phone number, told them that hes going to go to a restaurant to eat, and if he didn't hear from them in an hour, he'll be going to another dealer. That day he drove home a 2003 Yukon XL that be bought for $16k. But another incentive for them to sell is that he paid in cash.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the encouragement. btw I am talking about a 2008. No 2007's in this neck of the woods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts