Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the car? can any one help me out how to find the the Chevrolet 9c1 Vehicle VIN locations on the car , i can find only one number on the front of the windshild ,and i think ther is more than one at the body and the frame , plz i need ur help in urgent , thanks in advance for ur help

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For sure I don't know ... If I were you I would ask either my mechanic (because they look over every square inch of a vehicle) ... or my insurance agent because they need that VIN number to register vehicles for insurance.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the one on the dash is called the PUBLIC VIN. It's there for general use.

the one you're looking for, called the SECONDARY VIN, is generally secret, or at least not published. General knowledge of the location of the secondary vin provides fodder for car thieves to cut the secondary out, and weld a replacement VIN in it's place.

are you a car thief?

i most newer cars there is a plate riveted to the dash that contains the VIN as well, and on the inner door post of the driver door on a decal.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try looking in the drivers door jamb, and also stamped on the firewall under the hood. Most likely in the trunk too, but don't know where. I hope you find it .. . good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well.....

Not sure if there is a VIN for the specific 9c1 pkg. The listing of options should be on the SPID code located on the backside of the trunk lid....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts