Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering can a 96 impala ss cluster work in my 95 impala. I always loved the analog gauges and really dont want to sell my 95 for a 96. Can it be done?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
I have not tried but I have made that same question to people who are more familiar with that aspect of the car than I am. They say it should and will work fine. Again, I have not tried.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've heard it isn't a very easy conversion. IIRC, it has something to do with how some of the gauges are getting their info, some from teh pcm, some from the gauge itself and the tach is one of the problems. The z-28 cluster swap is much easier and has more gauges.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've heard it isn't a very easy conversion. IIRC, it has something to do with how some of the gauges are getting their info, some from teh pcm, some from the gauge itself and the tach is one of the problems. The z-28 cluster swap is much easier and has more gauges.
what year cluster can i use (93-97)?????:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I actually have a z28 cluster for sale but you would need to either get the harness from Gary or send it to him to have him mod it for the B-Body platform.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I Just Decided Not To Mess With It. Instead Im Going To Leave It Be. Its A 84,000 Mi Car, So Why Mess It Up. I Jjust Picked Up A 96 For Cheap So It Has It Already.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
:biggrin:yea i wish my digital gauge had a stock tach damn 96's and ur upgrades lol:biggrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts