0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and what kind of tranny should i drop in it or just keep my old one
and what kind of tranny should i drop in it or just keep my old one

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The 572 will bolt right into the roadmaster with normal motor mounts, but your hood may not close as the 572 is a tall deck motor and they get awfully tall. Plus your brake booster may need to be moved or a smaller one installed. Your tranny will bolt up and work for a bit, buy will crumble at pure un-adulterated torque. I would get a TH-400 with all the good stuff and a giant cooler to keep it alive. Plus your going to need about 1000cfm carb just to get the car to run to its potential.

Also you may want to get some carbon offsets to keep Al Gore off your front porch.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
ive seen a 572 in an impala ss it was def added to my list of dream cars!!!!!!!!!:eek::biggrin:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I know you are joking.

But.

Have you ever seen a Monster Miata?

5.0 liter Ford conversion?

The company is now defunct.

That said, I wouldn't do a V8 conversion.

Do you remember the Ford / Yamaha V6 SHO motor?

220 HP in a Miata, without all the V8 weight = :cool:

Someday.

Someday.... :wink:

yes yes i do know about the fords (pos) ..... so youve seen that conversion b4 monster?? 220 horses those motors put out?

·
Registered
47 Posts
you can probably get close to 220 with a turbo on the stock Miata motor. I would think that that would be the way to go if you wanted to build a bad Miata. GRM did a quickie turbo swap on one in the pits somewhere maybe a year or so ago.

AS for the original question, I have no idea, but I too suspect that the stock trans wouldn't like trying to hold together behind a 500+ cube motor.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes a 572 will fit in a Roadmaster sedan, you may have to trim the cowl overhang to get the intake to clear and hood clearance could be an issue as well. I myself would go with a 4L80E transmission, basically it is a electronically controlled TH-400 with overdrive.

As far as the Miata goes, Buick turbo V6.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
When I lived in So Cal, there was a guy with a Triumph TR6,
the "old school" looking sports car, not the newer wedge shaped TR7...

ANYWAY...

He had an intercooled turbo V6 from an '87 GN.

Now, this was in '88 or '89, so he must've put a bunch
of cash into that little beast!

He was selling it...

And my wife didn't let me sell all of our personal belongings,
max out every credit card, and live in a cardboard box, so
I could buy it? :confused:

Wasn't that MEAN of her? :wink:

lol damn mean of her i mean come on have u guys seen the view from the cardboard box he wanted!!!!! fantastic!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts