Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Impala SS. I am on the 3rd set of tires, 64,000 miles! The negative camber is excessive and can't be set on the front or back. I bought the Eibach camber kit bolts and wanted an alignment shop to install them for me. They would not do it - "the bolts are not safe" they said. Has anyone had any experience with these kits? So far I have not asked any other shop.
TJ

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Not sure about the eibach's specifically, but many of us have had camber bolts installed, I have never heard of a shop making that claim. I would chalk it up to them not wanting business, why argue?

Reactions: tjss75

·
Registered
303 Posts
sounds like they didnt want the business.... The eibach company is very good with there products.... Or they didnt know how to put them in at all... Just find a shop who would

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
Let me know what the cost to install them at a shop and let me know if that fixes your rear camber issue aswell. Having same problem. Going to get mine when I get my alignment

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might try to put them on myself. I installed the new struts and coils last year but did not have the camber kit at the time. When I had it aligned they told me about them. Do the bolts go in the top hole or bottom one? I think it is the bottom one. I guess I will ask them if they will install them before I do it my self. Thanks for any help.
TJ

·
3,934 Posts
ok cool if the shop does it,let me know everything thanks

n how much you pay for the camber bolts?

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
can anyone help with links or recommendations for these camber bolt kits? i recently put on some bilstein struts and going to take it for an alignment soon, and my mechanic told me to order some camber bolts so they can put them on for me when i take it.

i have a 3.5 LT

i read this when i googled, can someone explain? lol

http://www.acadiaforum.net/index.php?topic=11227.0;wap2

what exactly do i tell them when i take it in for an alignment? because most people say they will only adjust the "toe"

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
i want to go with either ac delco or moog, ive heard good things about moog.... what exactly do i need to order from here? should i have any problem installing them with the bilstein struts? and how many of each? anything else i need to order while i'm at it? sorry for all the questions lol

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have the same kit, they go in the top hole...lol I wouldnt go to that place ever again, ir even recommend them for that matter. It seems like they are either lazy or they are the kind of shop that want to do all the parts ordering so they can inflate the price to benefit off your pocket.

·
3,934 Posts
i got the moog on mine. you need 2 bolts on for each side. shop installed them for 20.00 on each wheel. when you get the bolts have the shop take off the black spacer in the middle of the bolt. they told me it gives more offset to work with. just have them to make the wheel straight as possible until you get the alignment.
in order to remove the bolt the have to take off the wheel and use a pick and hammer to pull it out. GM mess up bcuz they installed other parts first. if its a skilled shop then they can do it.

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
i got the moog on mine. you need 2 bolts on for each side. shop installed them for 20.00 on each wheel. when you get the bolts have the shop take off the black spacer in the middle of the bolt. they told me it gives more offset to work with. just have them to make the wheel straight as possible until you get the alignment.
in order to remove the bolt the have to take off the wheel and use a pick and hammer to pull it out. GM mess up bcuz they installed other parts first. if its a skilled shop then they can do it.
soo....i need to order 4 of them? what's the difference on the 2 moogs options they have? i wonder how much a place like firestone or midas would charge to install these + an alignment :yikes:

·
3,934 Posts
you need 2 of them only. the difference is the offest you can put on the alignment.

·
3,934 Posts
I got the moog #k5330 they work fine big difference. I feel more traction and my car doesn't have more of bald tires. Any camber bolt is fine. Its all about the price. They all do the same job.

Reactions: TxImpala89

·
3,934 Posts
read over again. If needing all 4 then get it. But mainly camber is aligned only for rear tires which you need 2. When aligned at a shop for the rears they use the bolts for a accurate align. In the front they use the caster and arm bcuz its more important for the driving ability. 8th gen.

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
read over again. If needing all 4 then get it. But mainly camber is aligned only for rear tires which you need 2. When aligned at a shop for the rears they use the bolts for a accurate align. In the front they use the caster and arm bcuz its more important for the driving ability. 8th gen.
oh ok, sorry for my newb-ness :lol: so order 2 for the rear, the "caster and arm" is something i can order or it's just something they align? i noticed when the car was on the lift getting the struts put on, that the 2 front tires bent in a little, just want to get them all straight again.

·
3,934 Posts
Its alright your learning. Soon you will be teaching others. :eek:k3:

The shop aligns the front. The rears will need the camber bolts. Basically the put it on the alignment machine and they see all the misaligned angles and they fix it. Adjust parts to get it straights to factory position

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Also, the wheels angling in when it goes up on the lift is fine, the suspension will do that when it's unloaded. What matters is how it sits on the ground, thats why alignment racks have those bearing plates that each wheel sits on.

Reactions: 1impalavision1
1 - 20 of 23 Posts