Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Went ahead and went with caliper covers and mats (all I can afford right now ha) ……... My calipers looked like ass due to fading OEM coating..and I didn't want to paint...I'm planning a more open wheel set-up so I wanted to have a clean look without getting a pricey brake kit...(heck Brembo doesn't even make a kit for mine, when I looked)…. the cool part as I can choose color etc...some may think waste but best option for me.....ill post when I get installed

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Looking forward to photos. Brembo CTS-V, earlier models can work......fyi.....still more brake than i would need for this particular car........but sometimes i am too logical.....

EDIT ..... I thought you had the prior generation, what we call 8th generation, and what you/ Wikipedia would call 9th generation. The brembos work with the prior model, not your model as I recall. However, they did offer, and in fact are standard on some models, brembo's on the XTS. Those might work...... for purposes of this forum, yours is a 9th generation btw..... it's an age long uninteresting debate, but if you're here, you want to identify as a 9th generation in order to get to the right place. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Look into Tapatalk app (mobile app) for easy pic uploading (no need to manually resize or anything like that - very quick and esay pic uploads). It's also great for acutally reading the forum as well - for this and other forums - I use it to access like 8 different forums - keeps the interface the same on all of them and is super fast - plus no ads! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking forward to photos. Brembo CTS-V, earlier models can work......fyi.....still more brake than i would need for this particular car........but sometimes i am too logical.....

EDIT ..... I thought you had the prior generation, what we call 8th generation, and what you/ Wikipedia would call 9th generation. The brembos work with the prior model, not your model as I recall. However, they did offer, and in fact are standard on some models, brembo's on the XTS. Those might work...... for purposes of this forum, yours is a 9th generation btw..... it's an age long uninteresting debate, but if you're here, you want to identify as a 9th generation in order to get to the right place. :)
Agreed....no real need for brake kit my mods are for aesthetic reasons....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look into Tapatalk app (mobile app) for easy pic uploading (no need to manually resize or anything like that - very quick and esay pic uploads). It's also great for acutally reading the forum as well - for this and other forums - I use it to access like 8 different forums - keeps the interface the same on all of them and is super fast - plus no ads! :)
Works perfect..thx

·
Registered
30 Posts
Installed

Those look nice! Where did you get the caliper covers if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check out this Impala caliper covers for $125 on OfferUp https://offerup.co/Uth63glUdW. I have a set of 4 matte black with impala in silver. I bought them from a guy who said he had a 14 ltz but he didnt tell me it was a 9th gen. I own 14 limited ltz 8th gen w body. Hmu if anybody wants i will ship.

·
Registered
148 Posts
BF Goodrich tires

Those are 20s....mine came with the 19 option OEM.. staggered fitment
The brake caliper covers look sweet as does your wheel choice. Noticed you are running BF Goodrich rubber. when it comes time for tires I had planned on getting a set of BFGOODRICH g-Force COMP-2 A/S all_ Season Radial Tire-245/045R19 98W for my 2014 LTZ.

Do you like the BFG over the stock (I assume) Goodyear tires?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts