Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if I am the only one who owned a car for 10 years and didn't realize it was equipped with a cabin filter.I had never even looked for it and I'm telling you it was some more of dirty! I found a change procedure online and was easy to change.I went with an AC filter as I love OEM if available.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I had our caddy for about 10 years before realizing that.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I change mine once a year, just make sure you get that rubber piece back on there so water doesn't leak inside the car.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Where the f is the filter?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Passenger side by the wiper you gotta take off the black Plastic panel right there under the wipers
Thanks I'll get to it when I change my wiper motor bracket :bang: always clean the snow off your roof too gm uses cheap soft metal for the stop tab, they should recall it!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Common issue with these, if the wipers encounter too much resistance from snow or ice, the stop tab gets bent, and the wipers stop in the middle of the windshield. You have to tear into it and bend it back in place.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I am so confused....stop tab? At the base of the windshield? PIC for the slow guy?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Its inside the wiper motor, I would have to take one apart to take a pic, maybe google?

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
A real pal would take the entire night tonight and disassemble the whole thing just to show me a picture. Just saying............

·
Registered
641 Posts
Their is a TSB #02-08-43-002 on the wiper issue (their are several other TSB's for other GM cars and vans that use this type of wiper assembly). Their is a new crank arm and a motor bracket service kit. Very common issue on this style of wiper assembly. Below is a pic (of sorts) of the assembly with a straight park tab indicated by the arrow. If that tab is bent then when the wiper motor reverses to move the wipers into the park/home position the wipers will stop straight up instead. Hope this helps TSS.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is a really good step by step clip of changing cabin filter on youtube made it really easy for me.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Thanks Bart, you are my new pal. Nick is history.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Common issue with these, if the wipers encounter too much resistance from snow or ice, the stop tab gets bent, and the wipers stop in the middle of the windshield. You have to tear into it and bend it back in place.
mine snapped off :bang:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Thanks Bart, you are my new pal. Nick is history.
Screw you Todd, I was gonna let you play with my new transformer, but I'm not now!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts