Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this is a dumb question but is the AC Delco OEM cabin filter any better than the cheaper ones you can get at an auto parts store? I'd rather not pay double the price just because it's OEM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Forgive me if this is a dumb question but is the AC Delco OEM cabin filter any better than the cheaper ones you can get at an auto parts store? I'd rather not pay double the price just because it's OEM.

ACDelco OEM products always fit perfectly and are high quality. I always use them - my personal preference.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the dealer today and they had an OEM one for $32 And another for $13. I got the less expensive one and it was AC Delco? Part #19338054 .

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Walmart carries the fram cabin air filter for about $13.

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The AC Delco part doesn't fit any better than the FRAM Fresh Breeze CF8392A.
The mice and red squirrels don't like the carbon and baking soda in the FRAM filter. Critters chewed almost through the Delco filter but they gave up after a few bites of the FRAM.

Be sure you get the rain tray back in place with all the tabs over the windshield skirt metal and make sure the washer hose is routed through the protective channel in the RH cowl cover.

If your car is equipped with one. I'd check the condition of the AC Delco CF174 Plenum Water Intrusion filter as well. If it looks nasty replace it. Delco is the only purveyor of that part and not all of the GEN 8 Impalas' got em.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Acdelco, Fram, GM OE, Mahle, Baldwin, hastings, doesnt matter the brand, I only use the carbon versions. And usually whatever is cheapest. I havent noted a significant difference in quality amongst the carbon filters.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Acdelco, Fram, GM OE, Mahle, Baldwin, hastings, doesnt matter the brand, I only use the carbon versions. And usually whatever is cheapest. I havent noted a significant difference in quality amongst the carbon filters.
Yup. As long as they have carbon you're good. FRAM was easy to get at Wally World for a long time.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
...whatever's cheapest on Rockauto online. Usually $3-4/ea. I swap 'em out annually on 3 gen8 Impalas.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I got a cheap one from rockauto for my '15 9th gen, and the damn thing was a hair to big. It wouldn't fit in the opening without deforming. It was cheap enough that it wasn't worth the trouble to return it for a refund. I got an AC Delco one from Amazon with free shipping for less than what it was on rockauto.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts