Impala Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in buying a Impala 2007-2011 with a V6 3.9L or the SS model.

Budget: 4000-5500$ (Don't worry about registration, insurance and other costs)
Miles per day (commute): 60-100

My questions:
- Which ones have six seats? Or was the 2006 the last one?
- Should I get a tune like Overkill to improve lifespan of the car and specially the transmission? I plan on driving the car like a normal person. Or are there any other tunes you guys can recommend?
- Based on my commuting habits and budget, how many miles would you recommend to be on the car? I've seen Impala's reach 300K miles based on my online research.
- Things to look for when buying a used Impala? For example, air conditioning makes a knocking sound. Had it happen with 2 different used Impala's at a Chevrolet dealer in Missouri.
- Cost of ownership? (Gas and repairs)

Thank you in advance,

Jonas Hendrickx

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the quick answer!

- As for the tuning. I plan on getting either the Overkill or HP Tuners. Are there any tutorials or configurations that people have here I can use and go from there? My primary goal is to improve longevity of the car, gas mileage and improve responsiveness (assuming this doesn't ruin the car?) I think I would still want to keep torque management on in 1st gear to prevent my tires from spinning or rough takeoffs.

- Recommended maintenance manuals to do repairs myself? I have never replaced a part in a car myself, but I am a quick learner.

- Are there any recommended books or pdfs I can read to learn how an engine works to get a basic understanding?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much!

Is the oil consumption also limited to certain engine models or years? Would love to hear more about this. May even consider the 3.6L at this point with the lack of available Impala's in Florida

Off topic in this forum category, if someone has experience with the 7th generation Impala, feedback is welcome too. I noticed these run 3000-5000$ cheaper on average.

I will be doing 30K-40K miles per year and keeping the car for 2-3 years. Presumably 75-85% of the driving will be highway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.