Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do not buy from dt Moto on eBay . Zero customer service paid over 200.00 for a pair of projector headlights back at the end of June and the lenses are peeling and pock marking gave them a call to see if we could resolve the problem and was told no warranty anything after 30 days and your on your own basically told me to piss off and that was that. Soooo buyer beware its your money. End of my vent lol:bang:

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
In all honesty, I'm not sure why you are pissed at DT Moto - they don't make the headlights and don't warranty them. If anything, you should be pissed at the manufacturer of the headlights.

it's been about 5 months when the headlights clearly came with a 1 month warranty - do you really think that DT Moto should just eat the cost of them and replace them for free?

That being said, I'm kinda curious what kind of headlights they were. Both I and a few other members have purchased Spyder halo headlights and have had really good luck with them. I'm curious to know if yous are also Spyder halo headlights.

I've had mine (Spyder black, CCFL halos) since April and mine still look and work like they did when they were brand new.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey jt for you might be ok with dumping 200.00 + dollars and throwing them away in few months I'm not. I've read some onto your threads and you get pretty irate when things don't go your way. If I wanted crap i'd bought factory lights and have them craze after a few months I wanted something better and they should not have peeled and pocked marked (plastic sunk in) in 4 months. Dt Moto is the distributor for these lights and he should stand behind them not tell me to literal piss off that's not the c/s I want to have after spending a couple of hundred dollars.:WTF:

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Again - you are blaming the wrong person. Do you truly expect a reseller to just replace out-of-warranty parts for free??

What brand are the headlights? If they are Spyder headlights, they have a 1 year manufacturer warranty.

I think it's more important to let people know the brand than the reseller. No reseller is going to replace a product when it's that far out of warranty. If someone buys the same headlight from another vendor, that vendor would do the exact same thing and wouldn't replace a product that is that far out of warranty - so let people know what brand they are if they are really that bad so that they don't buy the same headlights (from any reseller).

You are being mad at the wrong people here...

·
Registered
765 Posts
uh oh....another one lol.
In all seriousness, JT's right..... if you tell us the manufacturer that'd help us even more than just telling us the who sells these headlights.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I agree completely with JT. You need to be mad at the company who makes them not sells them. If you went to Walmart and bought a Visio TV and after four months it quit working you wouldn't return it to Walmart, you would contact the company who makes it for warranty. That's why many companies say contact the company for warranty work. The warranty is thru the manufacturing company NOT the distributor.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I get where you're coming from ripper, but as they said, it's poor manufacturing at fault here. When I buy something off ebay, I hope that it will last longer than 5 months, and thankfully, the parts I bought off ebay have lasted (grille and pillars etc.)

This is exactly the reason why I have no intention of replacing the headlight housing until they are either completely hazed over or get damaged. If it ain't broke why fix it?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I gotta agree with these guys, it's not the e-bay sellers fault. You have a beef with the manufacturer, that's who you need to be talking to about your concerns.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Since I would be in the same position as dt moto,I can say I would not accept the return either. I am not responsible for manufacturing defects, I am a seller, not the producer.

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Regardless of the manufacturer's fault, the customer service should have been better from the distributor. If it were me in their position, I would have said something along the lines of:

Dear Ripper,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your lights. Unfortunately, because you purchased the lights 4 months ago, and our return period is only for 30 days, we are unable to accept a return at this time. However, you may contact the manufacturer at (phone number, email) to address these concerns, as the manufacturer offers a (however long) warranty on manufacturing defects. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any further questions!

Thanks,

DT Moto
Not:

Dear Ripper,

Our return period is 30 days. You bought these 4 months ago. Piss off.
Granted, I do not know what was said. But to leave the customer feeling pissed off at you (almost always) means you could have handled it better.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I too purchased from DTMoto off eBay when I bought my projector headlights. I think the headlights he's talking about are the Junyan ones Jun Yan Auto Industrial Co. Ltd

I have some minor cosmetic problems with mine, but nothing severe to have to contact the seller about. It's best you go straight to the manufacturer if the distributor gives you problems.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I *highly* doubt that the customer service team literally told him to "piss off" - unless he was rude to them first.... Like you said, we didn't see what was said though - we are only getting ons side of the story here - from a disgruntled customer...

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I too purchased from DTMoto off eBay when I bought my projector headlights. I think the headlights he's talking about are the Junyan ones Jun Yan Auto Industrial Co. Ltd

I have some minor cosmetic problems with mine, but nothing severe to have to contact the seller about. It's best you go straight to the manufacturer if the distributor gives you problems.
Thanks - that's very helpful! If true, he's not the first person to have issues with those headlights. I know that @LazerBlue (and I think at least one other person) had issues with them too - mainly with little "cracks" in the lenses...

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Regardless of the manufacturer's fault, the customer service should have been better from the distributor. If it were me in their position, I would have said something along the lines of:

Not:

Granted, I do not know what was said. But to leave the customer feeling pissed off at you (almost always) means you could have handled it better.
I'm going off the very little information we have. I have a protocol similar to the first post, but either way, someone who is very emotional and upset isn't always going to take your A and B differently. That's the point. I've been in online sales for 10 years almost and there's not always rational thinking. There's a reason they say wait 24 hours to reply to an email that upsets you.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
By the way, I looked it up and the Junyan headlights only have a 30-day manufacturers warranty! Pretty big difference compared to the 1-year manufacturer warranty that Spyder offers.

The reason that I suspected that they were the Spyder halo/projector headlights was due to the price - the OP mentioned $200 - usually, the Junyan light-bar headlights are closer to $300.

Would be nice to get clarification as to which headlights they were for sure - would be beneficial to others (much more than knowing the vendor that they were purchased from).

ONe more thing - you have to remember that the profit margin on stuff like this, purchased through Ebay is extremely small. Just another reason that a vendor can't afford to replace and out-of-warranty item - they would be losing money. It's not like they are making a 100% profit or anything...

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
So I was revewing old posts from @Ripper to see if I could see what headlights he had. While I didn't find any pictures, I did come across a few different things that really make me doubt what has been said (that DTMoto told him to "piss off").

First, in this post, he said that GM also told him to "piss off" about his stock headlights (which are of higher quality than most, if not all, aftermarket headlights) - seems to be a pattern here! :) I highly doubt that GM or a dealership told him to "piss off".

http://www.impalaforums.com/private...ead-and-tail-lights-for-sale.html#post1911089

Then I saw posts where he was asking for the location of the "SS" badges on the doors, becuase he "forgot to take measurements before he repainted". However, in a few other posts, he mentions how he has a 2013 LT - and was asking to buy SS badges from someone in another thread... Hmmm.... :)

Wasn't trying to "investigate" his creditbiltiy - was just trying to see pics of his car - but what I did see truly puts things into perspective! :)

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Sounds like a good ol dose of up badging. Having a 30 day warranty does lean towards them being cheap and/or small warranty to reduce profit to sell cheaper but not have to worry about warranty coverage affecting profit. I always look into warranties with all my stuff. For instance. I paid extra to go to napa for my calipers as the my have a lifetime warranty vs the 3 year for the delcos.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
The up-badging is one thing (don't like it, but he's free to do what he wishes). I was commenting on it in regards to his "trustworthiness" - it sounds like he told people he needed the measurements because he forget to measure where they were before re-painting, when in reality, it looks like he needed the measurements not because of a repaint at all - but rather because he was adding SS badges them to his 2013 LT... In other words, it was one big lie... Just saying - it all goes towards credibility (now I sound like a damn lawyer!). Makes it kinda hard to trust what he says about this vendor when he's telling fibs elsewhere! :)

Unless, of course, he also has an SS and all of this was just some crazy coincidence! :)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Unless, of course, he also has an SS and all of this was just some crazy coincidence! :)

I'm sure his SS is about as legit as my SS. :)

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
But..... you don't claim yours really is SS....... you and I have differed in the past on whether the badges are a good idea for you to put on your car, but you've never been deceitful.....

Interesting investigation JT. Raises some questions. I will be interested in his response.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts