Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!!!!! whats up impala owners i bought a 96 impala my dream car an yesterday i did my first burnout lasted for about 6 second good amount of smoke but my friend standing outside TOLD ME THAT ONLY ONE WHEEL WAS SPINNING...... can anybody tell me whats causing the other wheel not to spin an does that mean there is a problem????

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Could be several reasons.... Maybe you got a impala clone, clones were street or police version caprice cars that usually had a open rear end (meaning no posi and only one wheel did the work) or another possibility is the car is a impala but the posi unit is worn and needs rebuilt/replaced.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
lol i had the have the same problem w/ my 95 9c1 so no burnouts for me until the posi !!!!!! does anyone know the code for the posi option:biggrin::confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the response gonna go take care of that asap........ another question when i go to the shop do i just tell them i need a new posi ????

·
Registered
483 Posts
before you do that. look at your SPID(I think its called as SPID) in the trunk, underside of the lid. Look for a WX3. If its not there it its probably a clone or the trunk lid has been replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts