Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 impala 3.5 and whenever I try to do a burnout the car will only go to 2k rpm and I have buddies where their car will go all the way to redline when doing a burnout why is this and is this a simple fix? Thanks

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I don't deliberately try to "burn rubber in my fwd impala, but would have to ask, are your buddies using the same engine and tires? Some tires grip better, I know the 3.6 in our 12 with the factory goodyears would break loose extremely easily. After getting rid of the junk goodyears, with better tires the car hooked up much better. Could be nothing more than a difference in tires, or might be that your car has less power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they have the 3.5 and when doing burnouts they can get rpms up to redline (not that I would go all the way to redline) but my car won’t go past 2k so the tires would slip for a second then would catch traction bc it won’t go high rpm. It’s like theirs isn’t chipped

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tuned impalas

Are ur friends impalas tuned? Overkill motorsport does tuning for impalas. I have heard of trifecta doing tunes on impalas as well. Slick tires would help and turn off traction control, small button under the trunk button.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts