Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all stock i can swing donuts but not light itup at a stand still. should i put it in 1st or 2nd or over drive or justdrive? ino holding y foot on the brake pedal is bad for the ar so i dont ne pointers? n yes its the 5.7L ss

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
all stock i can swing donuts but not light itup at a stand still. should i put it in 1st or 2nd or over drive or justdrive? ino holding y foot on the brake pedal is bad for the ar so i dont ne pointers? n yes its the 5.7L ss

I can barely understand your "writing" so to speak but from what I actually CAN understand, your wheels dont burnout from a stop. Give your car a tune up, even 4.3's can burn out without power braking.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Haha.. indeed! We are no longer charged by the character people. Type it out! Turn on your spell checker! Be a better communicator!

But yes, get the car tuned up and make sure (if it is equipped) turn off any enhanced traction systems. An Impala SS with a 350 should be able to light 'em up with very little effort.

I can barely understand your "writing" so to speak but from what I actually CAN understand, your wheels dont burnout from a stop. Give your car a tune up, even 4.3's can burn out without power braking.

·
Super Moderator
3,941 Posts
Don't know about the rest of you but I make efforts to stop the car from spinning the tires.

When the car was slower and the engine mods just a mild cam, from a dead stop no brakes straight line it would NOT do a big smokey burnout. It would leave tread marks on the pavement, not a black streak, hooked and ran. At that point the car ran 13.2 in the quarter and make like 290rwhp(stock is 220ish).
These days it has a lot more power and from a good roll I can break the rear loose but it hooks back up and takes off quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts