Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll I've Gotta 94 9c1 with like 160,000 miles on it and gotta Burning Oil Smell.... Any Idears on what... I've Already Sealed the Valve Covers.... and I Know I need to replace the Oil Pan Gasket, Cause I can See its Torn... but the Previous Owner Sealed it with a high temp silicone Sealer... Any Suggestions on where else to look.... O an I have to Replace my Ac Blower motor and my wiper motor anything ya'll can tell me would be helpful....The oil leak's not serious but a nagging issue for me... I want it fixed... I know I have to Unbolt the Engine Mounts, disconnect the driveshaft, and lift the engine just to change the oil pan gasket and I'm actually looking forward to it... Gives me an excuse to buy a Cherry Picker! lol

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've gotta Repair Manual... not worried really about the blower motor and wiper motors... just curious if anyone else has had this problem.. and what it was... I truly don't wanna take the whole front of the motor off to replace all the seals.....

·
The Unscrupulous Lt. Colonel
1,077 Posts
Well if you are serious about removing the motor, then I would suggest beefing it up some.:lol:

Otherwise, its likely the intake seal on the rear has broken its seal. When that seal is broken, the oil leaks on the exhaust hence the burning smell. Very common on the lt1 and a easy fix.

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^
LOL I'm happy with the Performance of the engine LOL But it would be fun to beef it up, but the fundage won't allow it right now... Gotta Truck to finish Paying off, then its Mod the Car, Mod the Truck, Mod the Car, Mod the Truck sorta thing!
Thats what what the Mechanic was sayin... I Know I'ma Change the Oil Pan Seal... then prolly go ahead and Replace the intake seal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts