Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to lose the front and rear bumpers on my '64. Has anyone done this? I would like to do a front spoiler and a rear roll pan. Any ideas.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I personally never have and not aware of anyone doing this on the 64. You should be able to either use sheet metal or fiberglass and make a custom one. For the rear roll pan I would follow the fender contours from each fender across the back of the car. On the front just look at some of the race and high performance cars to get an idea of what you would like to design for yours, if you or someone whom you know are good at drawing you might have a few designs done on paper and see which you prefer.
You might contact member DV06LTZ (D.Vierstra) and ask him about his ideas, he is a Illustrator/Graphic Designer/Photo-Chopper artist.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am working on the floors right now. Rear pans done. Replaced front floor brace and patched inner rockers where brace attaches. Working on front pans now. Front suspension completely rebuilt. Posi unit on the way. Building it for my son's first car. He just turned 14. Running out of time. Thanks for the input. If I pull off a unique front/rear look, I will post.

·
Registered
6 Posts
bumper delete

got any pics of the fron and rear with the bumpers off... ever thought about sectioning the bumpers and tucking them closer to the body, maybe even cutting a recess in the body for a sectioned bumper???:headbang:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the idea

No pictures of the front or rear without bumpers. Front fenders not on car yet. Still on parts car with bumpers. I like the recessing idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts