Impala Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Big pieces of clear coat coming off bumpers of 2001 Impala. Planning on getting her painted next year. Anything I can spray to " hold me over" that has similar shine? Bumpers are plastic coated lol

·
Registered
588 Posts
Sadly as stated there isn't much that you can do until you get it painted. Seeing it is the bumper there is no real need to paint it now really the way I see it... If you were not going to paint next year and wanted to try and keep the stuff from going more... I would say get some Sand paper and then flake off all the big stuff. Then sand with a fine grit paper to help a new clear coat to stick. It wouldn't last forever but can get some time with it. Sadly with the weather now not sure anything you do would help if it don't get warm enough...

YOu can get some Clear coat by Rust Oleum at Wal-Mart Online. NOt sold in many locations. There are other places to get better paints even some local to you paint stores can put some clear coat in a spray can for you...
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rust-Oleum-Auto-Enamel-Spray/16652314

That is the best you could do if you had a warm place and didn't mind some prep work...

James

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.