Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
was 1/2 joking, for its age, weight, etc it does nicely if kept well..
theres a bunch of newer cars the better gas milage, but w/ a higher mpg you usually sacrifice the qualities the RM has...

·
Registered
6 Posts
94 has good mileage..It's not a big car, yet it isn't made as a sports car, that's why it's got a fair gas consumption.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I was wondering the same thing Stewart! I don't know how much bigger you can get, unless you are comparing against a 70's Caddy or something!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Roadmasters are huge hogs by any standards... to me they take the prize as the best gas mileage in a big pig. There's very few (none I'm aware of) two ton vehicles that get even close to the gas mileage they get. As a matter of fact, several cars (like the PT Cruiser for instance) weigh much less but get similar mileage, and with 4 cyl sucked-out engines. A new Honda ad brags about 21 mpg in their new Pilot with a 6 cyl that runs on 3 cyl, and probably has nothing I'd ever be able to fix under the hood.

It's actually extremely remarkable to get 25+ mpg in a two ton car that feels peppy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wheres The Big ?

Why does everything stop at 19' ?
Cars I have owned, or own now...
1958 Limited....19.4'
1959 El Camino... 19'
1973 Electra 225 ...19.4'
1975 Pontiac Safari...19' (what a dog with a 455)
1975 Eldorado...18.7'
Suburbans ...18.5'
96 Roadmaster wagons ...19'

·
Registered
8 Posts
very fuel efficent.

mine has platinum bosh plugs & k&n air filtration, highways in summer when air temps are above 65 , use 93 octane! & my fleetwood 94 & my roadmaster 94 get 28, & in city get 18, does not qualify for clunker, but the LINCON DOES!!!! i'LL drive them till the wheels fall off or can no longer get parts. Regularly drive from Utica New York To Norfolk va. about 600 miles each way, currently they have 250,000 & 141000 respectively, wished the big wigs at gm would reintroduce an even more efficent model, much more appealing than a truck! Thse truely are real atuomobiles along with their wagons, sadly will replace with a Subaru, becaue gm has nothing I want to drive. When i do stop driveing them will sell for parts & not go to the crusher to anyone who wants to buy them to do over them, truely clasic cars like i've had, like my 49 merc, 58 plymooth, 60 Desoto, 53 canadian pontiac.

Bill Shaver:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts