Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of leaving my cell phone in my lap, the cup holder or the cubby under the HVAC control panel and I didn't feel like paying $20+ for a piece of plastic that I figured I could make. I already had a phone holder from a previous car setup, this one from PANAVISE, so I went ahead and paid another $8 or so on some .060 kydex, P2K Plastics, and decided I'd experiment.

There are a couple designs I've seen online but they either require drilling/screwing into the plastics in my car or simply placed my phone in a place that was just further than I liked or didn't make sense to me. I wanted it placed so nothing I used in the radio/HVAC area was blocked and I could glance at for navigation or incoming call purposes. This is what I came up with. Held in place simply by the pressure of the bezel. Holds pretty secure. I'm pretty happy with it and based off the closest bracket setup from PANAVISE, I figure I saved myself close to $30 and I have most of the kydex left over for other experiments. Let me know what you think...

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
Looks good! How about some pics with the phone in it? :eek:k3:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha... good call RYD SLO. I had to borrow my girlfriends phone.

Here you go...

Allows for plugging in the power cord and the bottoms "legs" of the craddle swivel if you want to plug into the phones audio port.

And a top view of the actual bracket. I might make one that has crisper lines just for aesthetics.

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
Awesome! Looks very convenient :eek:k3:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts