Impala Forums banner

61 - 80 of 509 Posts

·
No TreadSS Left
1,192 Posts
And hey are you happy with the dash? I have the graphite grey carbon fiber looking trim in the dash but thought about painting it yellow to go with the rest of the car. I just don't know if its going to be like too loud, and like not fitting for an adult?

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
And hey are you happy with the dash? I have the graphite grey carbon fiber looking trim in the dash but thought about painting it yellow to go with the rest of the car. I just don't know if its going to be like too loud, and like not fitting for an adult?
I am very happy with how my dash turned out. As with any amateur job (especially since it was my first experience with automotive painting), it has some minor blemishes, but overall it looks great IMO. But I'm not sure about the yellow on your Impy, because yours is black, and IMO, I've always liked the grey carbon fiber on the SS dashboards. If you really want to go over it, I'd do something like black or maybe red, yellow seems a little too abstract for your Impy. Again, all just my opinion.

·
No TreadSS Left
1,192 Posts
Well talking with the wife we went over different colors and what we see on here. And will 11 million impalas in my city, I want to stand out as you know that one SS. So all of my badging is going to moved, replaced with vintage emblems and painted yellow. Black and black, red, blue, green, grey you name has been done. Black and Monte Carlo yellow, I have not seen. Only Camaro yellow or Monte yellow with black. So I wanna stay in the Chevy family but different. I am just worried that yellow trim inside would look to ricey, if that make sense. You'd do it to a old Honda CRX but not an Impala.

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Well talking with the wife we went over different colors and what we see on here. And will 11 million impalas in my city, I want to stand out as you know that one SS. So all of my badging is going to moved, replaced with vintage emblems and painted yellow. Black and black, red, blue, green, grey you name has been done. Black and Monte Carlo yellow, I have not seen. Only Camaro yellow or Monte yellow with black. So I wanna stay in the Chevy family but different. I am just worried that yellow trim inside would look to ricey, if that make sense. You'd do it to a old Honda CRX but not an Impala.
Personally, I wouldn't go with the yellow, especially on the interior. If I were you, I'd leave the interior the way it is. But it's your ride, bro, and if it comes out nice, then more power to you. All up to you.

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
That list is pretty extensive. You should just buy a totaled ls4 and take the parts off it or just trade yours in for a ls4. it will be cheaper
Like I said, a lot of that is just a "wishful thinking" list lol. I have looked around junk yards in my area and haven't been able to find any SS Impalas. And I would have a hard time trading her in, too much work already done and too much sentimental value, even after just 6 months.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Like I said, a lot of that is just a "wishful thinking" list lol. I have looked around junk yards in my area and haven't been able to find any SS Impalas. And I would have a hard time trading her in, too much work already done and too much sentimental value, even after just 6 months.

I traded my 07 3.5L imp in for the ls4. All I miss about the 3.5 was the cheaper gas.lol. Have you drove the 5.3 yet ?

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I traded my 07 3.5L imp in for the ls4. All I miss about the 3.5 was the cheaper gas.lol. Have you drove the 5.3 yet ?
No I haven't but it so happens I'm gonna be test driving one on Saturday, just for kicks, you could say. I want to try it out.

I've seen all the Youtube videos and heard the sound, now I wanna try one for myself.

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
April 19th, 2014:

Did my first hand wash and detail of the spring! Also took the front license plate off to do it...too bad Illinois requires a front plate or else I'd go without it.

Finished painting my engine cover and re-installed it.

Also test drove two 8th-gen SS's today, one of which is pictured with my Impy, here.

First time I had ever driven the SS, and I gotta say...it's fun as hell.

·
Go Get It
15,046 Posts
Looks great :eek:k3:

61 - 80 of 509 Posts