·
Registered
838 Posts
awww Chaz will find that very disappointing... lol

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #502
I figure I'd update my 'Payla real quick. Over the last month or so she has been running real good. I decided to replace the spark plugs and wires a couple weeks ago with ACDelco Iridium plugs and ACDelco wires. So far, so good.

I have some big plans for her this summer, and it all involves dual exhaust! I have officially scheduled a date to replace my rear bumper with one cut for dual exhaust, and I'm having it done professionally. That is scheduled for early June, and afterwards, I'll be installing new exhaust! I am still undecided on the route I would like to go with it, either Flowmasters or straight up factory mufflers. The reason I'm so "on the fence' about it is because I have a neighbor that pisses me off (as well as everyone else) with his fart-can muffler, and I'm not sure I want to be equated with him by everyone... (even though mine would sound good) :lol:

Either way, dual exhaust is coming in some form with a new bumper, and I'm also thinking about doing new brakes all around this summer. Lots of fun ahead!

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #503
June 9th, 2016

The Payla received a brand new rear bumper this past Monday, one with dual exhaust cut-outs! Paint looks beautiful, body shop did a helluva job! Despite the new bumper, it looks a bit silly with only the one muffler, but dual exhaust is coming VERY soon! :yahoo:

·
Go Get It
15,060 Posts
Very nice!! can't wait to see it with the exhaust on there :eek:k3:

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #506
June 28th, 2016

I feel I should give an update on the Payla Project. As of now, modifications are on pause, including the dual exhaust upgrade, as I've begun to save money for a new project. Now to clarify, the Payla is NOT going anywhere, but for the first time since I bought the car, I won't be doing any BIG mods for the time being. It will continue to serve as my loyal daily driver, and I'll continue to baby it with details and regular maintenance as I have for the last 2.5 years, it just won't be receiving any upgrades for a while.

I'm going to be saving money a lot for a while because I've decided to buy a new project car, (I won't include details right now :devil:) hopefully by next summer. I'm very excited, but in the mean time, the Payla will live on!

·
Go Get It
15,060 Posts
Right on!

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #509
Well, it's been a while...

Over the last 2 years, the Payla went through some slight changes...got in a minor incident and had the front bumper and grille replaced with fog light bezels, and changed the headlights back to stock. But due to a number of mechanical issues and qwerks that were just getting to be a bit too much, I said goodbye to the Payla last Saturday.

...and traded her in on a 2014 Impala. Pics are below! The car is a 2LT, has 46k miles, leather, all sorts of safety assists, upgraded stereo, NAV, and the 3.6L LFX! So far I am in love with the car and having an awesome time with it! My plans for mods on the car are small - blacking out the bowties, getting new headlight bulbs, and changing out the incandescent footwell, console, trunk, and license plate lights with LEDs to match the rest of the car.

501 - 509 of 509 Posts