Impala Forums banner

261 - 280 of 509 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just stopping by to check on your car's progress :) Y U NO HAVE TINTED WINDOWS YET?! :) Your car's looking great, man. Can't wait to see it with the SS wheels on it. I haven't done much with mine other than some ambient interior lighting that match the color of the dash lights.

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Yeah, thanks! I haven't seen you on here in a while, where you been? And yeah the wheels and tires have been my main goal for the last few months and will be until the spring. After that, I'll probably get an Android head unit and have window tint done professionally. Illinois is lame and only allows 35% though. :lol:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hustlin! Taking some time to do photography and focus on gaining a promotion at my day job. Haven't has time to play with the impala for a while. 35%? That sucks! Legal limit here in CO is 20, and thats where mine are at. Your car looks sick though, can't wait to see it on them supersports!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Also, I approve of anything droid. With good experience that means you can basically do whatever the hell you want with your car. I have an outdated galaxy living in mine and the benefits are endless.

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
February 1st, 2015:

Thought I'd make a quick update on my Imp.

The SS wheels arrived, but one was a replica, so I sent it back and when the place receives it, they'll ship me another OEM one. In the mean time, here are the three that I kept. I also got the center caps from Ebay.

This one has a small smudge in the finish that you might notice. However, I decided not to raise hell about it. Not a huge blemish, the rest of the wheel looks really good.

As far as tires, I'm likely going to be getting a nice set of Michelins for the SS wheels...not sure which kind yet, but my budget is around the $800 range. If anybody has any recommendations on Michelins, or any tires for that matter, let me know. :eek:k3:

Next thing is a huge victory for me lol. After months of a persistent power steering whine with THREE different pumps, I finally decided to bite the bullet and just order one from my Chevy dealer. Got the OEM one in, and BAM! Quiet as a mouse. I've never been more confident driving my car now that the pump isn't whining like a dying cat. :lol:

Another thing to update, some of you may have noticed that I tried plasti-dipping my Imp's fog holes...well the passenger side one looked awful, and the driver side one looked just okay, so I ended up tearing off the plasti-dip and ordered a set of the fog hole covers that JT got off Ebay for $40, and I'm waiting for those to get here. I'm going to plasti-dip them black prior to installation.

Final thing to mention, I'm gonna have some extra money coming in soon, so I'm thinking of purchasing this headunit...

Android 7"s HD in Dash Double 2 DIN Car DVD GPS Radio Stereo for Chevrolet GMC | eBay

That's about it for now, I'll keep this updated, and let me know what you guys think on tires and the headunit! :beer:

·
Go Get It
15,046 Posts
Looks good! I'd say hit those wheels with some good polish. They look a little duller than what they should be (maybe just the pics) but polishing them up will almost definitely bring out the shine. And may even get rid of that blemish you've got.

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
I would recommend mothers mag and aluminum polish.

Cant wait for the upcoming mods and throwing on the wheels.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Really interested to see what you think of that Android head-unit - looks really nice. Main thing that stops me from getting an Android head-unit is that lack of XM tuner capabilities... Otherwise, I'd probably try one. That and I don't know if/how well they support the dual-zone functionality (for my headrest monitors) - otherwise, it looks really nice!

·
Go Get It
15,046 Posts
Nice!!

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I was referring to the wheel nearest the bottom of the picture. It has a red'ish tint (seems more reflective than the others). I'm assuming it's just a lighting difference though... The two in the middle seem more "silver" than the two on the ends... Like I said, I'm sure it's just a lighting issue in the picture though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
I was referring to the wheel nearest the bottom of the picture. It has a red'ish tint (seems more reflective than the others). I'm assuming it's just a lighting difference though... The two in the middle seem more "silver" than the two on the ends... Like I said, I'm sure it's just a lighting issue in the picture though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Oh yeah, the one nearest was sitting under the TV so it got some reflection. They all look good, but the far one is probably the dullest.

261 - 280 of 509 Posts