Impala Forums banner

221 - 240 of 509 Posts

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
The hellcat is a 2015 model I believe. Still, it's essentially the z28's direct competitor. From what I've read about the hellcat though, while it's got hellacious power, a lot of that is unusable, and it's not as "refined" as the z28 (with the z28 being essentially a purpose built track car, and the hellcat being a high-horsepower tire-shredding street machine)

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Right, Hellcat is a 2015. Yeah the test was more about handling and driving than just sheer HP and speed. I don't think the hellcat in the mix would have changed much - the Vette though? Maybe....

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
Think the c7, especially in z06 trim, would have given the z28 a run for it's money.

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
October 22, 2014:

Very minor mod - got an exhaust tip for my one exhaust pipe!

It was free, so how could I say no? :lol:

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
Your car would look sick with the dual exhaust conversion with no cutouts. And with those exhaust tips you have.

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
Looks awesome! and free to boot!

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Bud54 you been thinking about doing dual exhaust? I was thinking about have a custom one done, but not till spring/summer. I wouldn't get a new bumper just add another muffler basically

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Oh ok. I was thinking about it but I'm unshure. I've been thinking about it. Is it true I will loose power and back pressure by doing dual exhaust? I heard that somewhere and I didn't think it was true.

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Yeah, I have been wanting to do dual exhaust, just not sure how. If money permitted, I'd go for the dual cut bumper and something aftermarket.

My focus right now, however, is saving for new wheels. Despite the advice of most people on here, I'm REALLY leaning towards the SS wheels...

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
SS wheels are awesome. Fuck tha haters :eek:k3:

·
3,934 Posts
Coming from someone who bought charger wheels to replace his SS wheels :lol:

Sorry man i just had to.

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
I bought charger wheels cuz they were hella cheap. Yes, I considered replacing them, but never did. I almost doubled my money on those BTW

·
3,934 Posts
Thats the only good thing about factory wheels, they are expensive and can be sold for a high price because people are looking for replacements or a 5th wheel.

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
Around April I think. Sold them in late August I think. Never went on the car

221 - 240 of 509 Posts