Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 509 Posts

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all. Rather than constantly make new threads when I do something to my Impala, I decided to make one mod thread for her. So here it is!

Disclaimer: This thread is very pic heavy lol.

Progression up to this point:

First day she was brought home on October 26th, 2013:

Taken just after being driven off the lot on November 1st, 2013:

First "Photo Shoot":

New Chrome CCFL LED Headlights:

Second "Photo Shoot" with the new headlights:

Just installed - Red LED Interior Dome Light and Courtesy Lights:

Just done - De-badged the GM Emblems from Fenders and the "LT" from the Decklid:

·
Super Moderator
18,499 Posts
Looks nice and clean!:beer::eek:k3::clap:

Reactions: Bud54

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I try and keep it that way but with this everlasting blizzard apocalypse that Illinois has been a part of, it's not easy. :bang:

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
@bud54 - I noticed that you have halo light installed. I've been wanting a set, but everyone says the light output sucks at night - would you agree?

Thanks.

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got in a slow speed collision on the 13th, I was rear ended, so I was not at fault.
Got an estimate and the rear bumper is gonna be replaced, as it is cracked.

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
@bud54 - I noticed that you have halo light installed. I've been wanting a set, but everyone says the light output sucks at night - would you agree?

Thanks.
I would certainly recommend these halos! They have the standard projectors that come placed inside the ring, and those are what you'd mainly use at night. The rings and LEDs themselves are more suited as daytime running lights/parking lights. But I think these headlights are great! I would definitely also go with the CCFL LEDs, as opposed to straight up LEDs.

Hope this helped, man!

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cars looking good! This snow needs to stop. We were expecting wintry mix today. Wake up with a Winter Storm Warning for 4-7" bleh
Yeah I feel ya! I had her washed on Friday after the accident and I had to take her up to the shop today for an estimate from the claim rep, and figures right as I pull out of the garage it starts coming down. Just can't catch a break lol.

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
I would certainly recommend these halos! They have the standard projectors that come placed inside the ring, and those are what you'd mainly use at night. The rings and LEDs themselves are more suited as daytime running lights/parking lights. But I think these headlights are great! I would definitely also go with the CCFL LEDs, as opposed to straight up LEDs.

Hope this helped, man!
Thanks - do you have a link to where you bought them?

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts

Hope this helped, man!
Is the light output comparable to the stock headlight light output? Everyone else tells me that the light output at night is horrible?

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the light output comparable to the stock headlight light output? Everyone else tells me that the light output at night is horrible?
In my opinion, it is better. Granted, the headlights that came on my Impala were damaged and didn't project very well to begin with, so I don't have much to compare these LEDs to. However, they seem to project very well in my opinion. And the CCFL rings are a very attractive bonus (if that's what you're mainly looking for). The CCFLs and LEDs are very bright, and particularly, with the chrome finish, they are even brighter. So as far as other motorists seeing your vehicle, have no fear, especially at night lol. The night time projectors (that light up the road for you to see), like I said, appear to be very good, at least in my experience.

I guess it'd be your call.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Nice ride buts its beggin for 17 or 18 inch OEM rims.

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice ride buts its beggin for 17 or 18 inch OEM rims.
I know. After I repaint the wood grain in March, I'm hoping to look into some different OEMs or aftermarket rims. I most likely want 18s.

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
February 25th, 2014:

Got a brand new rear bumper!

De-badged the rest of the "Impala" from the decklid.

Also took this when I was walking out to my car during my lunch hour lol
(For those who don't get it, her nickname is "Code Red" lol)

Also had the right rear sway bar link replaced since it was loose and getting worse. Currently investigating a weird noise in the right front when the car sways and turns...mechanic said it could be a tie rod end or something along those lines.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ur impala is coming along nicely
Like the interior lights
Mountain Dew was a nice touch haha

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ur impala is coming along nicely
Like the interior lights
Mountain Dew was a nice touch haha
Thanks! She's stuck inside for tomorrow unfortunately. The popping sound in the front is getting worse, and I can't have it in the shop till Saturday morning. :confused3:

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
March 2nd, 2014:

Rack and pinion being replaced....again.
Thankfully it's all still under warranty.
Popping/clunking sound while turning and in motion is still there. Could be either the right front tie rod end, the sway bar link, the struts/mounts, or the rack and pinion that is leaking. What a mystery... :bang:

On the bright side, I've got most of the supplies for the wood grain paint project next weekend! Just a few more things to get. Also ordered a couple emblems. It's gonna be a fun job!

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Nice! Can't wait to see how it turns out

1 - 20 of 509 Posts