Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. After being laid up with health issues this past year, I had to install new battery as my 2001 has been sitting in same place over a year. Started right up with new battery �� Then it was on to replace the left door rear window regulator, that went smoothly. And now I can scrape off tape glue from the glass I had used to hold window glass up.

Finally I thought I'd move it back and forth a few feet but tested breaks first by pumping up. After more than few times I realized something else was up when peddle didn't rise. I found under the car between the two rear wheels up high ( cannot see without getting under) break fluid dripping down. I assume either chewed hose or rusted fitting? Anyone have a picture of what might be leaking? I think it's some kind of distribution block?

I'm weighing my options as I have to move my car the 11th so tree company has acces to my back yard

Thank you Bruce

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1999. Yes I know it's breaks fluid, question is where leaking from. Is there a distribution block mounted underside body above rear axel?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
May be time to top off the fluid in the master cylinder and have an assistant pump the brakes while you watch from below. Or, just look for obvious damp/wet spots. My old Fords had a proportioning valve (distribution block) inside the lr wheel between the 2 rear wheels. Dunno if your '01 Impala is equipped or not?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To inspect where it appears to be leaking would require me to somehow get the rear end raised so I could get under directly where i can put eyes on. Somewhat over the rear axel between the rear wheels. Leak is centered too on the body. Was hoping someone had same issue could tell Thinking on calling local garage to pick up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts