Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys here is the problem with my 04 impala. My rear brakes are not grabbing at all. Its almost like the calipers on both sides are froze but frozen released from the disk. Does the impala have any known issues of this or does anybody have any ideas on how to go about fixing this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both rotors are pretty rusted up as of right now and when i drive they don't clean up at all. The pads are new (less than 20,000 miles and have plenty of life). So from the best i can tell the calipers are not moving but i guess it is possible they are moving but not coming in contact with any of the rotor.

·
Banned
351 Posts
My point is that the calipers COULD be perfectly fine... it could be a brake line issue or something of the likes... Its just weird that both rear calipers arent moving.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I realize this is a month old thread, but this has to do with one of the big issues with the way the brakes are on these cars: The brake pads are held in place in chromed sliders, and when you replace the brake pads you have to make sure to put plenty of brake grease on the sliders that hold the pads in place, also, and this is the great pain, after every winter, if you live in the great lakes regions where they salt the roads and the winters are messy, you have to take the brakes apart and clean and regrease the sliders, or the pads get stuck in place.

It's a real pain to have to do that every year, but otherwise the pads get stuck and the rotors get rusted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts