Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. No codes. I know the wheel sensors can cause but I think I've done replaced them all not at once of course but recently had done. And 2 years ago I did one or other 2 don't remember. Anyone know what's up?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Yeah I thought that too. Would the wheel sensor cause the brake light though?
When you checked for codes, did you have a reader that supports ABS ?

My thought on this is brake fluid level sensor. Seems like, when mine went south on my F-150, I got multiple brake warnings lit up. I know it's a stretch going from Chevy Impalas to Ford pickups, but maybe an ABS code reader will help pin point it.

Doug

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
You need a code reader that supports GM ABS. An OBD II only tool will not read the ABS computer. Even tools that read some of the extended GM ECM TCM PCM datastream info will not read the datastream from ABS computer.

You can view the wheel speeds and do further diagnostics with a tool that supports ABS diagnostics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need a code reader that supports GM ABS. An OBD II only tool will not read the ABS computer. Even tools that read some of the extended GM ECM TCM PCM datastream info will not read the datastream from ABS computer.

You can view the wheel speeds and do further diagnostics with a tool that supports ABS diagnostics.
I just finally broke down and bought one. I've been wanting to but kind of expensive anyways should be in the mail tomorrow so I can hook this thing up and see what it says

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
You can use a Chinese Tech 2 clone on a 2008. They're right around $250 now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can use a Chinese Tech 2 clone on a 2008. They're right around $250 now.
Getting code U0121-00 lost communication with anti-lock brake system module. Any idea cause of it? Have you ever seen it before? Wondering where I need to look

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Check the power and ground connections.
This is Eric O at South Main Auto diagnosing an ABS communication problem, among other things, on a 2006 Impala LT...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts