Impala Forums banner

Both Alarm controls aren't working on my 06 Impala

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  rismo 
#1 ·
Hello everybody :smile:

Today one of my alarm controls stopped working, I have a spare one but it stopped working too.

My guess is that the receiver died and I'm thinking that I'd be better to get an aftermarket alarm instead of getting a new stock receiver.

But I have no idea of it's possible for an aftermarket alarm to use the stock remote starter, power doors, power windows (stock alarm doesn't do anything with the windows but an aftermarket might). Am I getting into to much trouble? Should I just get a new stock receiver?

Thanks guys ! :smile:

#7 ·
Yes and one of the remotes is new (the spare one).

The dealer fixed it. The antenna and the module where changed.
The TPMS is working again so I guess the module and the antenna are not only used for the alarm :eusa_wall:

Thanks 77Impala !

#5 ·
You could go after market, but how good are you with electronic/electrical work? You would have to cut and splice many wires to make the system work. If you have limited knowledge you might want a professional to do it for you. Many places that sell them locally will also have someone that can install it for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.