Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody :smile:

Today one of my alarm controls stopped working, I have a spare one but it stopped working too.

My guess is that the receiver died and I'm thinking that I'd be better to get an aftermarket alarm instead of getting a new stock receiver.

But I have no idea of it's possible for an aftermarket alarm to use the stock remote starter, power doors, power windows (stock alarm doesn't do anything with the windows but an aftermarket might). Am I getting into to much trouble? Should I just get a new stock receiver?

Thanks guys ! :smile:

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
If your car is still under warranty you should let the dealer look at it and fix it for you.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Have you checked/changed the remote batteries?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
You could go after market, but how good are you with electronic/electrical work? You would have to cut and splice many wires to make the system work. If you have limited knowledge you might want a professional to do it for you. Many places that sell them locally will also have someone that can install it for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took it to the dealer because I noticed that the TPMS is not working either. So my guess is that if I don't fix the stock "alarm" more things might be broken :frown:

I'll post what happen when I get my car back :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you checked/changed the remote batteries?
Yes and one of the remotes is new (the spare one).

The dealer fixed it. The antenna and the module where changed.
The TPMS is working again so I guess the module and the antenna are not only used for the alarm :eusa_wall:

Thanks 77Impala !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts