Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the sound system that comes with the 2011 Impala LTZ and was wondering what the RMS value is, or how many watts are put out? I recently bought a head unit and put it in but the sound of the speakers after the installation was much quieter and generally distorted compared to the stock receiver. I assumed thats because the head unit has a low limit for the amount of power that it can put into the speakers?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Jase. I recently did the same upgrade, but I have not had the same results. How did you do the install? Did you use the correct interface or did you splice into the wiring? I am not sure what the power output is of the Bose amp but unless I am mistaken, impedance is 2 Ohms. If you did not change the amp or speakers then the head unit upgrade should not have an adverse effect to the sound quality. Just for reference, I installed the Alpine ilx-207s head unit, iDataLink harness and Maestro RR module. My factory Bose amp and speakers are still installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thank you for the reply! I might've spliced into wiring, is that what may have changed the sound effect?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey thank you for the reply! I might've spliced into wiring, is that what may have changed the sound effect?
I have the sound system that comes with the 2011 Impala LTZ and was wondering what the RMS value is, or how many watts are put out? I recently bought a head unit and put it in but the sound of the speakers after the installation was much quieter and generally distorted compared to the stock receiver. I assumed thats because the head unit has a low limit for the amount of power that it can put into the speakers?
i bet you replaced 2 Ohm factory units with standard aftermarket speakers. 2 Ohm units are required for the bose amp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts