Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 17 they sold it to me as "Blue Velvet Metalic" paint color, The time has come with some minor wear I want to get some touch-up paint and every time I try to google it I get results for "Old Blue Eyes" paint, Are these the same color that they just call different names? If so, Why?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The window sticker for my 2014 states it is "Switch Blade Silver Metallic" which is the same as "Silver Ice Metallic" as far as the paint code is concerned. In fact the name of the paint will differ from model to model and year and make (Chevy, Buick, Cadillac) though it's the same. Just check the Service Parts Identification label, that will tell you the paint code and use that to find the right paint. That label for me was inside the spare tire well in the trunk and the paint code is WA636R which cross references as Switch Blade Silver, Silver Ice, Radiant Silver, Quicksilver and Blade Silver. I bought a Silver Ice touchup paint and it matched my car perfectly but of course, your results may vary.

Doing a search for Blue Velvet Metallic returned a paint code of WA410Y which points to Blue Velvet, Old Blue Eyes, Dark Sapphire Blue so you're in the same boat as I regarding names.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Beats me as to why GM likes to change the name of the paint colors from year to year and model to model. Too much big government involvement maybe! LOL At least you can never go wrong with the paint code. Just wished i could find the color silver used on the 19 Inch wheel for 2014 so i can touch up some road chips.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I had to get the last eight of the vin for the last few cars I have owned for up touch paint. My 17 Silverado in siren red, hold to your shorts was over $30.

The days of dupli-color touch up paint in the correct color code are getting few and far between.

Pat

·
Registered
63 Posts
Beats me as to why GM likes to change the name of the paint colors from year to year and model to model. Too much big government involvement maybe! LOL At least you can never go wrong with the paint code. Just wished i could find the color silver used on the 19 Inch wheel for 2014 so i can touch up some road chips.
Road chips or mechanic chips? I agree that silver paint would be nice to have.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Road chips or mechanic chips? I agree that silver paint would be nice to have.
Could be both, I don't know for sure. However, I did find some spray paint from Rust-Oleum called High Performance Wheel that I am going to try to match the color. I will post my results when it warms up a little bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts