Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

'13 LTZ 64K. Blower motor was making noise so I replaced it. Now the defrost blows through the feet only, I can hear the blend door actuators moving but can't figure out whats going on. Any ideas? Also when it's on high I can feel a vibration in the steering wheel and pedals. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
'13 LTZ 64K. Blower motor was making noise so I replaced it. Now the defrost blows through the feet only, I can hear the blend door actuators moving but can't figure out whats going on. Any ideas?
The mode selector actuator controls which vents are selected. Changing the motor out should have no effect. I'm inclined to think this is a separate issue. You might disconnect the battery for a few minutes, then reconnect it in hopes that the AC/heater controls do a relearn on the mode actuator.

Also when it's on high I can feel a vibration in the steering wheel and pedals. Thanks!!
I suspect the new fan/motor unit isn't so well balanced resulting in the vibration. What brand is it? Some of the after-market stuff leaves a lot to be desired. I had a cheap radiator cooling fan that had a one side out of balance. Needless to say, I ended up needing to replace it way too soon.

Doug

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Doug, I'll try disconnecting the battery. I went cheap and got a blower motor from advance, like you said aftermarket can leave a lot to be desired, I've seen that too! I'm gonna return the new one and order an oem one and put the old one in until it gets here... Can dealers do a re-learn with the tech 2?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Thanks Doug, I'll try disconnecting the battery. I went cheap and got a blower motor from advance, like you said aftermarket can leave a lot to be desired, I've seen that too! I'm gonna return the new one and order an oem one and put the old one in until it gets here... Can dealers do a re-learn with the tech 2?
In the case of the AC controls, they tend to do a relearn (of the damper actuators) every time you disconnect/reconnect the battery. A tech 2 is not required.

Doug

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well disconnected the battery and put the old one back in and it works perfectly. Thanks again Doug, I called the dealership and the quote was ridiculous for them to replace the mode selector actuator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts