Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2003 Impala base model 3.4 the blower motor has been making a squeaking noise on low speed and makes a vibration on high speed so I knew the blower motor was going to need to be replaced soon anyway but this is the first time I've shut the car off and taken the key out and had the blower motor keep running. I noticed that it wasn't shutting off when I drove home today from work. I went to go turn the fan setting to off and it decided to keep running. I figured it was going to shut off once I turned the car off but I was wrong. The other thing I noticed is there is a electric burning smell coming from somewhere and I'm assuming its coming from the blower motor. I ended up just unplugging the motor so it wouldn't kill my battery but while I was down there unplugging it i put my hand on the motor to see if it was hot and it wasn't so I'm totally baffled. Any thoughts? I might have a guy at my work check it out tomorrow but we will see.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For anybody that is running into this problem; the fix is to replace the blower motor resistor, BWD part number: RU867 I also replaced the blower motor due to it being noisy, Siemens Automotive part number: PM2714 I talked to a tech at my work and he seams to think there was drag on the blower motor and that is the reason why the resistor went. Also when i pulled the resistor and blower motor out they both had water on them. Has anybody else ran into this problem? My cabin air filter was plugged so i replaced that as well.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I was thinking it could have been that, but I wanted to check the wiring diagram before saying it. Glad you got it figured out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts