Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My damn blower motor is still not working, there is no power going to the switch, no power to the resistor, and damn sure no power to the motor. The fuses all are okay, wtf? I replaced the relay today and still nothing. The weather is starting to get hot and I could really use the fan...

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Is there power at the fuse?

Have you pulled the switch out and checked for a problem there? See if there is power and that the switch is working correctly?

Do you have a Haynes or Chilton repair manual? If so which one? If not I recommend getting one and my observation is to get both. In my observation with my Impy having both manuals makes sure what ever it is you are working on that one and/or the other will have the info you need.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
You should have power from a 25 amp fuse that goes to the Heater/AC control panel via a Brown wire. From there then a Brown/White wire goes the fans switch. And a Tan wire is Med 1, Lite Blue is Med 2, and the Orange is High speeds.

Hope this helps.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At home I have a factory manual, I just never remember to look at it or bring it to work with me... I will check to see if I am getting power at that fuse, there is no power going to the switch, I checked that yesterday, man that switch comes out easy!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Power in and out of the fuse is fine, I would sure like to know where it goes from there... Is it possible my fan switch is defunct? What resistances should I look for if I test it? It looks like I can get a new one for fairly cheap...

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
The brown wire from the fuse goes to the vent, ac, max ac, heater, bi-level, defrost vent slide switch. Then the brown wire with white strip goes to the fan switch. Your problem is in one of those two switches, most likely the slider control switch.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got a moment to go check things out some more, there is no power getting to the switch... either of them. I checked with the ignition on, and like before there is power on both sides of the fuse. I get the feeling I am going to have to read the wiring diagrams when I get home...

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Yes you will have to trace the brown wire from the fuse panel to the main selector slider switch. It may have become disconnected in the fuse panel.

The switch above is the fan speed switch, the other slide selector switch has the power going through it first then to the fan speed switch.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found it, I was hoping somebody could just tell me what was wrong so I wouldn't have to do the grunt work, but things just don't go the way we want them to, do they? Anyway, I traced it to a black single wire connector behind the heater controls that had fried. Threw in a butt connector and what-do-you-know, my fan works again! Now I need a new compressor since mine has a hole in it, 95 today and getting warmer...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts