Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 04 impala and when the key is out of the igniton the blower continues to run. anybody have any clue as to what it is? for now i just took off the fuse and i shut off.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The underhood fans, you mean?

They will continue to run until the coolant has hit a preset temperature. If you own a base model or LS, it'll be 190 degrees. If you own an SS, it'll be 186 degrees.

If they run for hours on end, you probably have some other problem with a fan relay or the thermostat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hate to be gravedigging such an old post, but I've just had the same problem with my '05 Impala. It's not the radiator fans, it's the heater and A/C fan, aka the "blower motor". I researched this online and found that it seems to happen after going through a cold car wash, which is what I did. That being said, anybody find a solution? It's about 15 degrees outside, and getting colder every day, and I hate having to drive my car until it warms up, pull over, pop in the fuse for the motor, drive to my destination, then pull the fuse after shutting my car off. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts