Impala Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello again. Today I finally got my 2004 Chevy Impala w/ the Police Package running. All it took was a new starter, ignition cylinder, and cylinder housing and hours and hours of troubleshooting, haha. However; upon finally getting it to crank and start and taking it for its first drive I've noticed a few issues:

1. I don't to seem have blinkers at all. No click no nothing. I checked the fuse, and even replaced it. Nothing. Not exactly sure where the relay is.

EDIT: A little googling and I found that the hazards house the relay for the blinker. Interesting design. Well, since I hadn't put my dash in yet that would explain it. I popped the hazard switch out, plugged it in and boom, I have blinkers. Easy enough.

2. When I hit a bump, occasionally both headlights will flicker off and back on. Man I'm really not looking forward to troubleshooting this one lol.

3. In taking the ignition switch/housing out and putting it back a few times I must have tweaked one of the wires in the harness because I have to bend it a certain way to get the vehicle to crank. Pretty sure one of the wires is loose in the pin in the harness. I'd like to repin both male ends of the harness that go into the ignition. I just need someone to point me in the direction of the pins that go in the harness and the proper crimper. Greatly appreciated if you point me in the direction of automotive wire too.

EDIT: I narrowed it down to the black male connector that plugs into the ignition switch. All the wires seem pretty tight but upon further inspection I can't visibly see anything out of sorts. I'm going to look for a diagram to see if I can find if it's a ground or ignition wire specifically that's loose.

I hope this isn't too tall of an order. But I'm so close to having this thing sorted. I greatly appreciate any help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts