Impala Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I installed SPEC-D tuning halo projector headlights on a 2002 chevy impala base model. I have 2 questions.

1) I spliced them into the DRL's which is the yellow wire in the 02's. Everything works fine except the blinkers. They blink super fast and don't blink at all up in the front. :bang: What's wrong? All the fuses are good.. OHM resistor?

2) How in the hell do you aim them?

Help would be much appreciated!

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Alright, I installed SPEC-D tuning halo projector headlights on a 2002 chevy impala base model. I have 2 questions.

1) I spliced them into the DRL's which is the yellow wire in the 02's. Everything works fine except the blinkers. They blink super fast and don't blink at all up in the front. :bang: What's wrong? All the fuses are good.. OHM resistor?

2) How in the hell do you aim them?

Help would be much appreciated!
2: There should be tiny adjustment screws on the back of the lamp

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
-Flashing wire (white)
-Parking light wire (yellow)

Wires are sometimes mixed up, try white to yellow and yellow to white. I've seen its common with projector lights.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I'm confused by what you're trying to say?:dunno:
sometimes the manufacturers mix up the wiring, in most cases with projectors the flasher wire is white and the park light is yellow out of box. You need to go to the turn signal bulb harness cut the white and yellow wire and splice them to the opposite. Ie: yellow to white wire and white to yellow wire. just swap the 2 wires around at the turn signal harness

Reactions: Imps

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sometimes the manufacturers mix up the wiring, in most cases with projectors the flasher wire is white and the park light is yellow out of box. You need to go to the turn signal bulb harness cut the white and yellow wire and splice them to the opposite. Ie: Yellow to white wire and white to yellow wire. Just swap the 2 wires around at the turn signal harness
thank you so much dude!!!!

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no problem :beer: let us know if it fixes it.
Works great and everything works like it should now!! thanks a bunch!! :beer:

Now for aiming the projectors I know that there is the bolts on the back. What is the procedure to aim them? go right up to a wall mark it and then back up 25ft and then something like that? Then I'm lost from there.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
1.Place your vehicle on a level surface with the lights on and sitting five feet from a smooth vertical surface.

<li class="step ">
<li class="step "> 2 Mark the center of each light on the vertical surface with a four inch long piece of masking tape. Place a length of masking tape across the top of edge of the light emitted from the projector headlights.

<li class="step "> 3 Move your vehicle 25 to 30 feet from the masking tape marked vertical surface.

<li class="step "> 4 Measure the distance from the top of the masking tape to the top line of the projector light with a tape measure. The light should rest two to four inches below the masking tape.

<li class="step "> 5 Open the hood of your vehicle. Turn the top adjustment screw of the driver's side light clockwise to raise or counterclockwise to lower the projector light with a regular screwdriver or a socket attached to a 3/8-inch ratchet handle, depending on your vehicle. Stop adjusting when the top edge of the light rests at least two inches below the masking tape.

<li class="step "> 6 Adjust the passenger side light to match the height of the driver's side light.

<li class="step "> 7 Turn the horizontal screw to set the projector light two inches to the right of the vertical masking tape line designating the center of the driver's side light at five feet.

<li class="step "> 8 Close the vehicle hood when the adjustments are complete.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
^^ Saved the link for future reference. Thanks ejbiers

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
HELP!!!!!!

i bought some halo projection headlights for myn 2002 impala and i wired them up and tryed installing them but my flasher is acting like its blown and when i look in the car the flashing arrows for the turn signal on my dash is on and not blinking
plz help

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same problem wit the blinkers not working And not sure where to hook my black and white wires up to Don't wanna do anything until in 100% sure. I even swapped the white and yellow wire with no luck Please help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Blinkers not working

Blinkers don't work Well they work but its just blinking really fast on the dashboard but on the light itself it stays on Swapped the wires from white to yellow like the someone said but didn't work And not sure where to quick connect the quick connectors to the harness. I wanna be 100% sure before I splice into any factory harness Please help Can post pics if necessary

1 - 17 of 17 Posts