Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crapity Crap Crap CRAP CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm sitting at the Rodeo Tonight and my Shifter Sticks, Won't Go Outta Gear... My Foots On the Brake, and I gave it a Soft Tug..... The Car Died and when I turn the key... I got NOTHIN!!!!

Grrrrrrrr O well Just another Set Back....I'll get it figured out, ANY hints Or Keys to help

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Might be easier to change out the whole column. Though if you have the Pass-Key system then it will need to be changed from old column to the replacement.

If you have a tilt column the pivoting device sometimes called the "butterfly" may have broken. On one car I had it stopped me from controlling the ignition switch box. I ended up just leaving the box hanging from under the dash and used a screw driver to start-stop the engine.

IMO the first place to start is by pulling the covers and steering wheel to see what has bound or snapped in there.

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'ma Have Our Local Mechanic Look It Over and See what he says... Yeah Its a Tilt Column but Ironically its NOT a Pass-Key LOL

·
Registered
39 Posts
Maybe the rod that goes down the column came outa the ignition switch. Its on the top of the column down towards the bottom.....good luck man

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its at the Shop... Columns... I don't mess with

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey.... Got'm Back from the Mechanic... boutta hundred dollar fix..... but the mechanic said its a CRAPPY Design, and a WEAK piece.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts