Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Hey guys,
i was looking for a few suggestions on what mods i should be doing to the vehicle. I have a completely stock 2005 3.8L SS supercharged 3800. im looking for a throaty exhaust (dual) maybe changing the pulleys on the SC belt? or maybe replacing the SC with a bigger one??? money is not an issue here. any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
as far as bigger SC the only thing i would recommend is going from the GenIII to a GenV (you have the gen III 04+GTP GPs have the genV) youwould need the blower, Lim, and a TB adapter, you can USUALLY pick up all 3 for around $700m and its said to be about a 20hp gain (stock pulley to stock pulley) The gaskets would run about another $100 or so.

I would not go lower than a 3.4/3.5 pulley on a mostly stock car, even w/ exhaust unless you add a power log or headers.
If you swap pullies i would buy a MPS (quick change pulley system) as opposed to the press on ones. Also you will want something to scan your car once you start dropping pullies (dhp/Powertuner/Ls1m/Aeroforce scan gauge)

A tune is a must! I recommend www.getoverkilled.ca He's really busy and sometimes hard to get ahold of, but one of the best off the shelf tunes out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts