Impala Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat after washing my car I took it for a little cruise. I went to my aunts and within 2 or 3 mins of me sitting in the car at idle it began to run like shit. I lost all my power. I left and couldnt go over 30 to 40 mph. So I pulled at a gas station and popped the hood to make sure a vacum line didnt come loose, found nothing. Put I looked on the passenger side of the engine my cat was glowin cherry red. Got it home and cut the cat off and ran a straight pipe until I go get another cat. But car still runs like shit. Im thinking maybe o2 sensor before the cat is bad, 02's after cats have been deleted.

I just put a new MAF on it last weekend, I have no exhaust leaks, all sensors, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump are new. I checked fuel pressure and its at 40 psi at idle. Cut car off with gauge still attached and it holds pressure for a while, so my injectors arent leaking right? But I noticed when the was running if I unplug one injector harness the motor bogs down, plugged it back in engine ran, took another one out engine didnt bog. Could my injector be bad? I dont know. Really need some expert advice cause Im lost. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
7,058 Posts
Is your check engine lamp on? If so what are the codes? Also see if you unplug the MAF if the car will run fine. If so then the new MAF may be bad or incompatible with your car.

·
The Unscrupulous Lt. Colonel
1,077 Posts
Make sure it isnt backwards either.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Backwards Maf would have shown some symptoms sooner, the suddenness of it, and the fact that unplugging one injector harness effects the running differently than another, says that it isn't running on all cylinders. Check plugs and wires, check fuses, check for broken wires in the engine bay, or wires contacting exhaust parts, any wires, not just plug wires.

·
Banned
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I got home yesterday and when to work on my car. I put a straight pipe in place of my cat on the passenger side and zip tied other wires and stuff that was kind of close to my headers. I started unbolting the fuel rail to look at the injectors, when I started to think. On ls1's each injector has a fuse I wonder if the lt1 has the same thing. Well I looked in the fuse box under the hood and it has fuel injector fuse 1 and 2. I checked 1 and all was fine I checked 2 and it was blown. I got an extra fuse out my house put it in and she fired up like normal. A freaking fuse was the cause of the whole problem, I just cut my cat off for nothing. Aint that a kick in the nuts. If anyone else is having a wierd problem like this check the fuses first. LOL!!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Yeah, my buddy has an LT1 in his Monte Carlo that had the same symptoms, and it was the fuse for one of the injector banks. Only thing is, his kept blowing, turned out to be a bad ECM.

·
The Unscrupulous Lt. Colonel
1,077 Posts
Don't feel bad in the least man. I thought my transmission was done one time recently. It wouldn't shift 2 or 4. R, 1, 3 worked fine. Turns out I was in what they call 'limp mode'. First thing I was instructed to do was check the fuses. For some dumb ass reason the transmission and the Air works off the same fuses, and one of them blew. Tell you what those fuses can really lower someone's self esteem. Lol...

·
Banned
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man you guys sure know how to cheer a guy up, LOL! But Im just glad I didnt do alot of hard work and buying more injectors.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
It's never a good idea to start throwing parts at a problem, unless you just like blowing money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts