Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is overkill the best tune for my car? Is there any better tune brands? If I decide to go with overkill will it ruin my car or make it better? I just don't want to run my car harder if things are going to break. But if doing a tune on it will make it healthier and run better i want to do it. Thank you for your time.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
A tune will not make your car healthier. Likewise, a proper tune will not harm your car. If you are thiking of getting a tune beacuse it will make your car more reliable or reduce the chances of things breaking, look elsewhere, such as to a shooting star.

And Overkill is the top used and recommended tuner around here. I personally have not used Will, but many have. The next highest used is the Diablo Preditor. I had one in my 07 Escalade and liked it. But, from what I hear, Overkill is better. Persoanally, I did not get a tune on my 09 SS because it was still under warranty. Once it was oput of warranty, if i still had it, I would have gotten a Preditor just because the process is simple. Buy it from someplace and plug it in. Not as effective likely as Overkill, but easier.

I have a custom tune in my Lincoln, and while it is incredible in every way, it was more of a hassle than a simple plug and play.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Trifecta tune is like the custom tune TSS has but the good thing about custom tunes is you can pull back on stuff too. The LS4 in the SS is known for chewing up and spitting out trannys lol. With a custom tune you can just change your shift points instead of firming up the shifts or vice versa. It's your choice with custom tunes. Just my 2 cents.:beer:

·
Registered
198 Posts
if you do go diablosport get a diablew tune well worth the money and customer service is top notch, i been hptuning the fiances 07 SS and its a wicked improvement over stock.You be surprised the spark knock these things have stock

1 - 4 of 4 Posts